Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a top load automatic washing machine about seven years…

Customer Question
I have a top load...
I have a top load automatic washing machine about seven years old. Water runs out of the top of the drain pipe, flows down the drain pipe and onto the floor. It is not all of the water coming from the washing machine. Just part of it. Thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/16/2010
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
so it's backflowing from where the drain hose goes into the drain pipe of your house?
Just part of the water from the washing machine leaks out of the top of the drain pipe. There is no indication that the drain pipe is clogged.
you mean there is a hole in the drain hose? Or some of the water is just overflowing from your wall?
There is no hole. The cap on top of the drain pipe is the source of the leak of water that runs down the outside of the drain pipe.
ok then your drain pipe is just not draining out as fast as the washing maching is draining. This isn't a washing machine issue, this is a plumbing issue. You need to call a plumber.
I probably knew that to begin with. Ithought you could provide some advice about the cap om top of the drain pipe.
that cap is not a cap. That only holds the hose to the drain pipe so it doesn't fall out. There are holes in it to allow air in so it doesn't create a siphon line. If water coming out of the cap holes, it means that your house pipe isn't draining fast enough, hence your problem.