Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Maytag microwave is 4 years old and suddenly stopped heating.

Customer Question
It became very noisy when...
My Maytag microwave is 4 years old and suddenly stopped heating. It became very noisy when this happened. Any ideas? Would it be cheaper to buy a new microwave?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/16/2010
Appliance Technician: MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician

Unless you are very handy then you need a service call to fix this. If you know what service calls cost in your area then you can decide whether to fix or not, but it is probably not worth the expense. I cannot guess at the failure as that does you no good. The fault will only be found by doing a proper diagnosis.