Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Kenmore model #66516719000 reads light wash. It will not start…

Customer Question
Kenmore model #66516719000 reads light wash...
Kenmore model #66516719000
reads light wash. It will not start however. is there a particular code to start it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/16/2010
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
is the light wash light flashing or solid?
Actually the wash button is solid. When I touch it almost all of the board lit up. When i open the door the lights go out . The wash button eventually lights up again.
ok well that is a shorted control board then. If the button was flashing it means that your touchpad was shorted. Because the light is solid and when you push a button lots of lights are turning on, you need to order and replace the control board inside the door because it's shorted. Here is a link to the control board that will need to be ordered and replace.

CLICK HERE

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
How do I install the control board
you need to open the door and remove all the screws around the border of the inner door liner. The door will separate and you can replace the control board in the upper portion of the door. Be sure to disconnect power to the dishwasher first.
I checked prior to ordering and I see how to take off the old board. I see twoo scews holding it on but there is one black plastic piece on one end. How do I get this loosened.
remove all the screws, not just the few to the control panel
The particular piece does not screw out. It has no screwdriver fitting. It appears that it may have t be pried out than pushed back in.
the entire door separates if you take all the screws out. You need to do that.
I have done that. I see 2 metal screws on the control board which is no problem. There is one plastic looking screw in one corner which appears to hold the control board with the 2 metal screws. How is the plastic screw removed?
I think you're doing it wrong. The control board comes with the grey casing around it. You don't replace the board inside the casing, you replace the entire casing with control board.