Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore side-by-side refrigerator. It used to make…

Customer Question
I have a Kenmore side-by-side...
I have a Kenmore side-by-side refrigerator. It used to make plenty of ice. Then "it seemed like" suddenly it would not make as much ice. So I replaced the water filter. That did not help so I replaced the ice maker (with a Whirlpool #4317943) and cleaned the water lines at the same time. Seemed like more ice for a while (still not as much as before). Then I replaced the water valve thinking it was clogged. Didn't help but there is plenty of water (and pressure) at the door water dispenser. The current ice is whole size it just doesn't seem to cycle often enough. If it would go twice as fast as it currently does that would probably be about right. for the ice I want. Is there an adjustment on the ice maker to make it cycle more often?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/15/2010
Appliance Technician: Barry G., Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
The freezer temperature is what makes the ice maker cycle.

It only cycles when it is cold enough. Does your freezer seem warmer?

Could you look at the lower rear wall of the freezer. Is there frost there?

Thanks
It is cold down there, but no frost. There is some frost on the upper left side. I've turned the freezer temp control all the way to the right (iit was between 2 & 3). Any other suggestions?
So where do we stand?
Not good. If the frost is in a for example 4 inch by 6 inch area I need to know that.

This is important. Try to describe as best you can.

Check that the fans are operating one inside..you may have to press the light switch and one outside by the compressor. While you are there look at the outside coils. Let me know.

Thanks