Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool dishwasher model # du940qwdb6. Water is…

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool dishwasher...
I have a Whirlpool dishwasher model # XXXXX Water is splashing out of the top and sides of inlet port. Everything looks like it should, but the water starts to splash out as soon as the machine is started. The machine has not been used very much.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/14/2010
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

open the dishwasher door pull the bottom rack out ,and look at the top of the pump ,and look to see if any of the top pump screws are loose?

(this will blow water out sideways ,and not up thru the spray arms).

That could be the problem. I am at work right now and can't check it out. Can I follow up later today or tomorrow? My wife also says the dishes have not been coming out as clean.
yes Will be on tomorrow late after 7pm EST
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX check it out and hopfully solve our problem. Let you know tomorrow.
ok no problem
I checked the pump screws and they are all tight. I think you are on to something about the water spraying towards the sidewall of the machine instead of through the spray arms and towers. The spray arms are loose and spin freely, the cap nozzle is plyable and there is a 3/8" + gap between the nozzle and the tower.
Any thoughts?