Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore Series 80 washer, model number 110.22602100.

Customer Question
Recently the spin cycle doesn't...
I have a Kenmore Series 80 washer, model number 110.22602100. Recently the spin cycle doesn't seem to be spinning my clothes as well as it used to. Is this something I can fix myself?

Thanks!

Chris
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/14/2010
Appliance Technician: RUSS, SERVICE TECHNICIAN replied 8 years ago
RUSS
RUSS, SERVICE TECHNICIAN

HI CHRIS

This is a problem that if still leaving the clothing wet, and it is draining fully prior to the spin, is NOT an very easy repair since it involves removing the cabinet, the pump,the motor, the basket,the transmission,then replacing the clutch assembly. If I do it with every needed tool at my side takes me 2 hours. Without the PROPER tools,you will look at 5 to 6 hours minimum. THANKS

So, in other words, are you saying it's cheaper to purchase a new washer instead?
What kind of repair cost are we talking about?
I have not done one in a while, but labor runs around $75 and hour now,so my guess is $200. That is not a solid number but in the park.....Thanks
Okay, thanks. This is helpful. Sounds like it will be cheaper to buy a new washer. After looking up my receipt, I see it is 9 years old.
life is 10 to 12 years average.....thanks
I do not want to accept this answer. I felt it was too vague. Please remove my request and deposit.

Thank you!

how is replace the clutch vague with a rundown of what need to be accomplished to do this.......I am open to enlightenment.
you certainly did not express the need for more information last night,if you had I would have walked you through it from stem to stern if you have the tools and ability