Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Good afternoon I purchased a General Electric refrigerator/freezer…

Customer Question
Good afternoon I purchased a General...
Good afternoon

I purchased a General Electric refrigerator/freezer 3 years ago, the model number is XXXXX and now the refrigerator is not getting as cold as it should. Also the freezer part is sounding like there is a problem with the motor.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/14/2010
Appliance Technician: John, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
John, Home Appliance Technician

Thanks for the question.

how much ice did you see on the freezer coils and was the freezer fan motor going, that could be the noise.

The motor sound was a loud sound. I took everything out of the freezer, it was a slight coating of ice on the back of the inside of the freezer,

# XXXXX on the breakdown is the fan motor a slow turning fan motor can cause the frost on the freezer panel and the motor is noisy so I would replace the fan motor in the freezer.

http://www.partselect.com/xq/aspx/Inventory.967024/qx/PartDetail.htm?SourceCode=1