Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Whirlpool duet driet is making a click click click sound…

Customer Question
My Whirlpool duet driet is...
My Whirlpool duet driet is making a click click click sound when I press the start button and then won't begin drying. It reminds me of a car battery that is dead and clicks when you try to start the motor. I have a HUGE pile of laundry! Can you help me?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/14/2010
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
does the timer still count down when you press start or not?
no, the timer comes on as 40 minutes, and all the other lights come on as normal, but the dryer just clicks, but doesn't start.
ok then you just have a bad relay control board. If you remove the 3 screws coming in from the back of the top panel, the top panel will pull back, up, and off. Fromt here, the relay control board is on the left side wall of the dryer above the drum that you will need to order and replace.

Okay, When you you say "the back of the top panel" where exactly do you mean? Do I need to get behind the dryer? Do I need to unplug it before messing around there:?: And where do I get a replacement rc board? I've never done this before!!!!
yes get behind the dryer the screws are coming in from the back. And yes, unplug the unit before doing ANYTHING. And to get a control board, either call Sears parts center or any local appliance parts store.
and how easy is it for a novice to install the control board? will I mess something else up in the process??
or should I call someone to do it for me?
you shouldn't mess something up if you're fairly handy. If you do a quite a bit of DIY jobs then I wouldn't worry about it at all. As a technician it takes me about 20 minutes to replace the part.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
ok great! thanks!
no problem and good luck to you.