Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Fridge/Freezer. Recently I have changed the…

Customer Question
I have a Maytag Fridge/Freezer...
I have a Maytag Fridge/Freezer. Recently I have changed the filter and ever since the change I am unable to get any Ice. Othrerwise the freezer is working perfecly. I ave checked to ensure the Ice arm is in the correct position but still no Ice. Please advise.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/14/2010
Appliance Technician: Chas, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Does the water dispenser work on the front of the freezer door?

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Yes the water bflow is perfect.
The fingers on the ice maker, the ones that extract the cubes, how far above the tray are they?
Approx 2inches

You have a bad ice maker, it should only be about 1/2 to 3/4" above the tray, the motor has gone out of the module. However on Maytag products you have to replace the entire ice maker as they do not sell the module separate. the part number for the ice maker is W10190972,

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK should not be given, I am willing if my advice is not SATISFACTORY to give you a refund of your deposit. I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

If you are on a SUPSCRIPTION PLAN for JustAnswers you still need to press the GREEN ACCEPT button, you will not be charged more than you monthly subscription rate you have??

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=