Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My refrigerator model 106.55523400 right side handle is loose…

Customer Question
My refrigerator model 106.55523400 right...
My refrigerator model 106.55523400 right side handle is loose and I can not remove it as instructed in the manual. How can I tighten it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/13/2010
Appliance Technician: Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech replied 8 years ago
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
What part of the instructions in the manual are you having problems with...There are two screws that mount the handle brackets to the handle at top and bottom...The handle needs to be removed then tighten the screws then slide the handle back on..
Here is a diagram of the handle...

graphic
Heres is a close up of the clip which holds the handle on...This will give a better idea of hoe to remove it..

graphic
I can not get the handle off is the problem, How much force is necessary?
You want to slide the handle with kind of a snapping motion...

I have tried and it will move a little but not come completly off. It just moves a little, i am afraid I will break somthing. It seems the handle is even looser now.

You will not break the handle...If you look at the center part of that clip...That is point you have to move the handle past..
It will not come loose. I have all but lifted the unit off the floor and I am a strong man. It moves up and down a bit say about 3/8 inch but will not move any farther or break free. please advise?
I do not have the exact removal instructions in my database..From what i remember the instructions are to snap the handle in a upward motion..off of the clips ...Which are mounted to the back of handle..
Brother I am 320 lbs. and can bench press 400 plus, I have tried to snap it in an upward motion to the point I am afraid of damaging the door? I work with my hands for a living, it just is not working as instructed. Please let me know if there is a trick to the procedure.
No do not want to do that....Normally the handle is slid straight up and off......With the handles loose ..Thats where maybe the stud that goes into the door is not releasing he handle...Try sliding the handle down to see if the stud will release the handle...There really is no real trick to it..Let me know how you do..