Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Please Help!! I am loosing my sanity. We have a Netune Dryer…

Customer Question
Please Help!! I am loosing...
Please Help!! I am loosing my sanity. We have a Netune Dryer Model Number MDE6700AYW, SERIAL # XXXXX I purchased this in Dec 2005. We moved and it worked fine for about 1 month. I had a repairman come and said it needed a new control panel/board. It worked for 4 minutes, he left, and it shut off with a code of ES. Now it just dings with this code and does not work. When I move the dial to different settings, it just gives me this code. What is wrong with this dryer?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/13/2010
Appliance Technician: Ryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Ryan
Ryan, Home Appliance Technician
Is it possible that the code is tS?
I think so. The first letter is lowercase. Now that you mention it, it does look like a lower case t but without all of the horizontal line to look like a t. And yes, the second letter of the error code is either a capital S or a 5. Hope this helps. I am at my witts end over this dryer. Hopefully you have the exact answer for me. :)
The first thing you must do is clear the error codes this can be done by following the instructions in this link. The Error code tS is for a thermistor having a very low value. The first thing I would do is try to run the dryer without the vent hooked up. Make sure that the lint screen is cleaned also. Let me know what happens

Edited by Ryan on 6/13/2010 at 7:20 PM EST

Ryan

I tried this. It still does not work. I pressed the Chime and Temperature keypad for three seconds, heard three beeps and then held the Sensor Level and Time for three seconds but never heard any beeps so just counted to three and then pressed the Chime and Temperature keypad again for three seconds. This did not clear it out as it still says tS for error code. So again I tried doing this same step over and over again. If I don't act fast the dryer will bring up that error code again. So now I have shut it off so I dont have to listen to the dinging noise. Any other suggestions??

There is a very good chance that the last technician has left off some wires, or that a thermistor has failed. How involved do you want to be? In order to test the resistor, you must disassemble a good portion of the dryer.Here is a link to the service manual you can browse through it and let me know how involved you would like to get.

Edited by Ryan on 6/14/2010 at 3:03 AM EST

My husband is a plumber and heating air tech. He had the dryer disasembled to test the transistor however though he has a meter reader, he is no electrician. So, if it is the thermistor, can this be replaced and if so, where can we order it? Maybe this is it. Also perhaps the thermostat is bad. When the dryer first began having trouble, my twin 19 year old boys stated the dryer said the error code said "he" then it took forever for the clothes to dry. This is when I called the repairman. Since then, he has installed a new control panel but Im not sure if he ever checked the thermostat or thermistor. I am going crazy over this. After spending $247, I am no closer to fixing it then I was five days ago. Very frustrating. Since I do get the first three beeps after pushing the chimes and temp but don't get any beeps after sensor level and time button. What could this mean?

If he has a meter, have him check the resistance on the thermistor it should be about 10K at room temperature 77 degrees.