Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Refrigerator not cooloing and only freezer accumulating a lot…

Customer Question
Refrigerator not cooloing and only...
Refrigerator not cooloing and only freezer accumulating a lot of frost.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/12/2010
Appliance Technician: John, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
John, Home Appliance Technician

Thanks for the question.

How much frost on the freezer coils is it frosted all the way or just some frost.Please send me the model number please.

All the way. Modele # XXXXX XXXXX We had same problem before and someone came and changed a black part at back of freezer. Thanks.
Yes as my wife recalled.
that part could be gone again or the heater could have burnt out , you need a meter to check the heater to see if its burnt out, thaw that coils and I would replace the defrost thermostat again its a common problem to fail.
How can I get the part and repalce the part by myself?
You can buy the defrost thermostat at any Appliance Parts Store near you, to replace it cut the old one out and install the new one its an easy replacement.

Where to locate the part? Do you have detailed description for replacing it?

Thanks.

Like I said any Appliance parts store stock the defrost thermostat, you get the new one unplug the fridge , cut the wires off the old one and install the new on the same way the other one was connected.