Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Dear Sir I have a Whirlpool dryer Mod LERt848EQ22 with a…

Customer Question
Dear Sir: I have...
Dear Sir: I have a Whirlpool dryer Mod LERt848EQ22 with a broken belt. After acquiring a belt I disasmbled the machine and discovered the belt. After removing the drum, I discovered the idler pulley laying next to the side panel. For the life of me I am unable to figure how to reinstall the pully. There are two slots near by at the bottom panel but if the pulley is installed there it wouldn't be in line with the belt when is was placed on the motor pulley. Hope I'm making sense and if you could help me..

Thanks, Jim
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/12/2010
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech replied 8 years ago
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
please remember we are not in your home to do the repair or test our self and cant always be 100% and can always overlook something / thanks

Jim the idler does stick into the gap and the belt hooks around and though the idler and onto the motor ,, here is a picture
graphic

Larry:

Thanks for ur expiedent reply. I tried to place the pulley the way it is indicated but unable to insert the end under the motor and cannot attach it to anything available once I could. jim

Appliance Technician: RUSS, SERVICE TECHNICIAN replied 8 years ago
RUSS
RUSS, SERVICE TECHNICIAN

hi RUSS HERE,

Larry will be back in a short time....the computer moderator has blocked him please stand by

I have attempted to route the pulley bracket under the motor which would put the belt in alignment with the shaft of the motor. there isn't room to do this without removing the motor. there isn't a "standered" on the motor, just the shaft with one flat portion on the shaft . A plastic tapered nut is on the end of the shaft with a nut several threads past the plastic. Sorry that i'm not describing this too accurately. Jim
you have to opt larry back in
Hope this gets thru. The example that was sent to me appears to be correct, however, I am unable to get the bracket of the pulley under the motor with out removing the motor. Furthermore, I didn't detect any way fastening it once I got it through. The pulley part number is XXXXX if that helps any. Tks Jim
LARRY WAS HELPING YOU AND YOU NEED TO RE-OPT HIM IN IN ORDER TO BE ASSISTED
Russ: evidently I'm not being received by u. In re to the first answer I got from Larry, I understand the example however I am unable to get the bracket of the pully under the motor due to lack of room. Additionally, there appears to be no way to fasten it if I could get it thru. The example shown appears to be right for alignment with the shaft on the motor. The motor appears to have no pulley on the shaft, just a flat part about 15 deg around the shaft. Sorry that I'm to be more descriptive. Jim
OPEN A NEW QUESTION AND ASK FOR LARRY
i just got opted back in ,, do you still need me?
you have two gaps at the end of the motor on the base, slip the end of the idler into to end on and when you pull it back the tits on the idler will fit into the other gap,, run the belt though the idler and pull it down and slip the belt over the motor shaft and let the idler up to put tension on the belt