Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

THE REFRIDG PORTION ISNT WORKING . TURN IT UP TO 10 BUT DOESnt…

Customer Question
THE REFRIDG PORTION ISN'T WORKING...
THE REFRIDG PORTION ISN'T WORKING . TURN IT UP TO 10 BUT DOESn't go on .
turn the freezer up and the fan starts up . I've dusted the cooling grid but no effect. don't know if a switch is shot or something else. It was new in '96 I think. Had temp control replaced in '04 and defrost timer in '05. Any suggestions would help.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/12/2010
Appliance Technician: esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
is there any cooling at all the fan dsoes turn on
Freezer still working. Refrig has been at 64 degrees all day and isn't working.
is there any ice build up on back wall or any where because these units are very common for having freon leaks
ICE BUILD up on floor of the fridg.( the food in the freezer drawer is still frozen) the ice in fridg has melted and milk is spoiled
hi you have a freon issue not getting cold enough to sustain temperature so everything is going bad