Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The water in my wash machine will not turn off. Thus, it overflows…

Customer Question
The water in my wash...
The water in my wash machine will not turn off. Thus, it overflows when I try to do the wash. It drains just fine. I've even tried the small load setting and the water still won't shut off
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/11/2010
Appliance Technician: rob clement, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
rob clement
rob clement, Home Appliance Technician
Hi
Either the pressure switch hose or the pressure switch it self is bad.You will need to open the console and remove the cabinet to check and see which one.It most likely will be the switch itself.The pressure switch will be the round part behind the level button.Should have 3 wires going to it.I will need a model number to help check the switch.
Rob
I have to leave for an appointment now, but will check the switch when I get back and give you the model number. Can I change the switch myself?
Yes it is very easy once you open the console most are held in by 1 screw,or just a clip release and twist off.Without the diagram to tell you which wire to check exactly,you should have continuity through 2 wires when empty and not the 3rd until full.I would bet as long as there is no hole in the hose from the switch to the tub,or crud where it hooks to the tub that the switch is bad.Hardly ever see a hose problem,but it is possible.
Rob