Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a very old bosch sms5482ff bought in France used for…

Customer Question
I have a very old...
I have a very old bosch sms5482ff bought in France used for 1 year then spent over 10 years in storage. Re-installed again a few months ago it worked perfectly until suddenly I found the power on/off button not working any more having gone out towards the end of a normal cycle. The machine is 'dead' with some water at the bottom, the last drain not having completed when the power seems to have expired.
I have checked the power cord but it seems OK, there being no fuses in French plugs.
Is there anything else I can check myself and try to repair?
Many thanks for an answer
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/11/2010
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

Ok as long as the power supply is ok then you can check the on/off switch.

To get at it you need to remove the outer door panel and then the control panel.

With the control panel off make sure all the wires are ok and not loose. Then if you have a multimeter you can check the on/off switch to see if its all ok.

Also check the door switch aswell as that can cause this kind of fault aswell.

So just check the workings on the control panel and make sure you have voltage going up to the on/off switch.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Sorry to have come back so late but I can not find a way to remove the front panel to check the inside electrical control panel. I have seen on internet that apparently Boch machines sometimes suffer from burnt connections which require simple soldiering. however I cant see how to get at that inside control panel. Removing door side panels doesn't seem to help. No other screws are visible. Do I yank the the entire control panel (the visible bit with buttons that runs across the top of the door)upwards? It seems well stuck in and I hesitate to pull too hard, no leverage bit apparent. Dont know if you can answer this. Thanks

Hi

To get the front control panel off just open the door and around there you will see some screws holding the front panel on.

Take this off and then look on each side there will be another screw. Take these off and the front panel will come off then.

Regards

Fraid the problem remains working out how to remove front door panel. The only screws which I can see are of 6 pointed star shape - not the 4 pointed Philips. What sort of screwdriver is needed here??

Thanks