Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

after a suds and f32 signal, the door on my 3000 series front…

Customer Question
after a suds and f32...
after a suds and f32 signal, the door on my 3000 series front loading washer will not open>. it looks like a sock is stuck in the door. how can i unlock the door? unplugging does not help. thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/11/2010
Appliance Technician: Mike, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Hello can you give me the full model number please?
cannot find it. it is a frint loading maytag 3000 series he purchased approx 1.5 yrs ago
Ok I will assume you have the whirlpool built maytag front load washer because of the codes you gave me. F32 followed by suds means the pressure switch is bad. take the top off the washer by removing the 3 screws along the back. Next locate the pressure switch, it is the part in the left back of the machine with the small plastic tube attached. Pull the tube off and blow down it in order to clear any lint in the tube. Then try the machine, if you are still having the same problem replace the pressure switch. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Mike
ok. will try, just wanted to add that I since ran a drain cycle with no spin, and it is now giving me a F21 signal and door is still locked. is there anything else I should try besides your response. thanks
F21 is telling you there has been a long drain...basically you have a blockage somewhere. Clear the pressure switch as mentioned then take the panel off under the door.

graphic
Then behind the panel you will find the pump, built into the pump you will see what looks like the gas cap on a car.
graphic

Unscrew the cap (have some towels ready), this is the drain filter. Clear any debris from the filter (socks coins) then put it back together. Then run the machine. If you still get the F32 replace the pressure switch.
Mike, Home Appliance Technician