Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

my 1200rim refigerator has stop working it has no light inside…

Customer Question
my 1200rim refigerator has stop...
my 1200rim refigerator has stop working it has no light inside also now
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/11/2010
Appliance Technician: Jeff Pearson, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Jeff Pearson
Jeff Pearson, Home Appliance Technician

It sounds like it has no power getting to it. Try checking the plug to make sure it is in securely. Did someone turn it off inside the fridge at the dial?

Try pluggig somethin else into the outlet that the fridge is plugged into to verify that it has power to it.

jeff the electrical plug is hot my ref is also a ac and dc ref in my motorhome
ok From my experience, the heater element must have burned up. You can purchase another one and replace it yourself. you access the element from the outside cover door.
jeff how can the heater element keep the AC part from working also we did smell ammonia when it quit

Because your type of refrigerator works on an absorption cycle. It requires heat to run.

Either heat from a propane flame or heat from a electric heater. Do you ever hear a compressor kick on?

The smelling of ammonia could mean that the closed system has formed a leak.

Can you access the back of the refrigerator from outside the motor home and look at the back of the fridge for any signs of leaking?