Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Whirlpool Cabrio washing machine about 3 years old Model…

Customer Question
My Whirlpool Cabrio washing machine...
My Whirlpool Cabrio washing machine about 3 years old Model WTW6400SW2 stopped mid-cycle when washing a small load. A flashing " F " alternates with a flashing " 50 " in the estimated time area. Also, the "add a garment" remains lit when I attempted to turn the machine on several times.

I hope this is a minor issue - and I hope you can help me.

Thanks so much,
Catherine Sweet
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/10/2010
Appliance Technician: applianceguy, Customer Service replied 8 years ago
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Hi, Can you move the tub by hand?
Yes, easily...sounds like there is water underneath the tub
Are we still connected? Am I supposed to continue waiting? Thanks!
I was hoping the tub was stuck, then it would be an easy fix. The F-50 is saying the tub is not moving. Two most common things. 1. something stuck between tubs. Your tub moves freely, nothing stuck between tubs. 2. Your RPS sensor has failed. Even though the tub moves the sensor is not reading the tub moving. The most likely problem is you have a bad sensor. The sensor is located under the stator on the bottom of the washer and will need to be replaced.
Who would be able to replace that sensor?
The best way to find a Whirlpool authorized service company in your area, is to call the cust support in the back of your owners manual. They will set you up with a local company in your area.
Unfortunately, I don't have a manual
1-800-253-1301
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX your help.
You are welcome. Thank you for choosing Just Answer.