Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

dryer wont start ; when you turn the start switch on it only…

Customer Question
dryer wont start ; when...
dryer wont start ; when you turn the start switch on it only make a humming sound.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/10/2010
Appliance Technician: John, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
John, Home Appliance Technician

Thanks for the question.

when you turn the start switch you hear a hum is that correct, was the dryer turning itself off and you had to wait before it started up again.

i'm not sure
but when you turn the start switch you hear a hum is that correct.
yes

http://www.partselect.com/xq/aspx/Inventory.1559768/qx/PartDetail.htm?SourceCode=1

If thats whats happening with the hum the problem is with the motor , or something caught in the blower.