Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

i have an admiral fridge freezer but when i close the freezer…

Customer Question
i have an admiral fridge...
i have an admiral fridge freezer but when i close the freezer door the fridge coolers goes of but when i open the freezer the coolers in the fridge goes on again how do you think i can fix this problem as food in the ridge is to warm
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/10/2010
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

do you mean the fan goes off when you close the door?

in the fridge there are 2 chiller controls in which cold air comes out of and also a vent at the top of the left side of the fridge thatcol air comes out of and this cools the top of the fridge when the freezer door is closed this top air vent and the top one of the chiller controls dont work but the bottom one does and so does the humidity controlled drawers so the top half of the fridge is not staying cold but the lower part is
sounds like the damper has failed, this has an electronic control and a motor which opens the door to let the cold air flow,
Appliance Part Mouse OverAppliance Part Mouse OverAppliance Part Mouse OverAppliance Part Mouse Over
Mouse over to see other views. Everything you see is included in this part.
Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
check and make sure the spring hasn't come off the damper door, heres a diagram, hope this helps, thanks Bryan