Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

my refrigirator is not cooling

Customer Question
my refrigirator is not cooling
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/10/2010
Appliance Technician: Barry G., Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician

Could you please retype your model. It is not coming through.

Thanks
Try spacing out the numbers. Sometimes they get blocked.

Thanks

Model # XXXXX /u>

Make Kenmore household refrigitor 165A

Ok well its not coming through because phone numbers get blocked. This sometimes happens. Usually a space between the numbers will work.

Do this and if you find one of the things listed just stop there and come back to post what you find.

1) Open the freezer...is the fan operating or do you hear anything running at all even the lights?

2) On the back wall of the freezer can you find frost anywhere? If yes could you describe roughly the size, no need to be exact.

3) In the rear of the unit is the compressor and fan operating? You will need to touch the compressor as I want to know how hot or cold it is.

This will give us a start and remember if you find one thing just stop there and post.

Thanks

Model # XXXXX 9 6 5 2 6 7 4 2 0 1
Got it, now I can look up the drawings.

Thank you for your patience.

Please follow the list above and that will narrow it down quite a bit. And let me know.

Thanks,
Barry

The problem is not yet solved. I could not locate the compressor. I will click accept if I know where to click

Oh no please,,do not look for the accept button.. I have not answered your question.

First look at the freezer back wall. Look at it close this is the most common and biggest clue as to what is going on. And please tell me is there a coating of frost on that back wall.
The lower part.

Edited by Teamcold on 6/11/2010 at 4:42 AM EST