Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

hi i have a question about replacing the defroster assembly…

Customer Question
hi i have a question...
hi i have a question about replacing the defroster assembly on a G.E refrig i had it replaced 7 months ago and it has failed again and the tech showed me what to replace and he said he replaced it with a dual element heater this time so i odered same part but when i took old element out the yellow jumper wire was on the right and the new lement the jumper wire is on the left just want to know do i move jumper wire or what to do
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/8/2010
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech replied 8 years ago
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
please remember we are not in your home to do the repair or test our self and cant always be 100% and can always overlook something / thanks

you can just swap the wire to other end or leave it as it is
Appliance Tech Larry
ok so i can put jumper wire on right side also will it help to turn up freezer to get everything cool faster or just put it on 5 and how long will it take to cool everything again
just set it on 5 and leave it ,, it will take a few hours to get the temp back down but it will
ok im just wondering now when i turn knob up to 9 i dont hear the refrig turn on or run is it because its cooled down already
its because you already have frost built up in the freezer
ok but i defrosted all the frost of before replacing defroster heater it ran as soon as i plugged it back in about 3 hours ago but i dont hear it run now even if i turn up the knob to 9 is everything ok just wondering if its already cooled or what
dont worry about it then ,, it most likely went into defrost and will come back on in a little while by itself