Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my whirlpool refrigerator with top freezer the model #GT1SHTXLQ01

Customer Question

my whirlpool refrigerator with top freezer the model #GT1SHTXLQ01 the ice maker like leaks down the in the rear of the freezer and forms a big glob of ice we do get some ice that makes it in to the container but most of it forms in to a glob of ice in the container as well can you help to determine the problem
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

if theres water leaking into the ice maker and down into the freezer its the water inlet valve, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=its not closing tight and needs to be replaced, you can order one @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-GT1SHTXLQ01-%3d%3dei1174277&PartID=1174277 its located where the water line connects to the refrigerator, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
DO I NEED A DUAL WATER VALVE I HAVE IN THE PAST REPLACED THIS PART? I HAVE A WATER DISPENSER AS WELL. DO YOU KNOW THE PART # XXXXX THAT?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
sorry they show the single then if you look further there is a double, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this is the one you need, http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-GT1SHTXLQ01-%3d%3dei1194744&PartID=1194744 thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi we are still having a problem with the ice maker you suggested to replace the inlet valve, well we did do that but the same problem is still going on I took a picture and sent it as an attachment the ice melts into the container that the ice drops down into then freezes into a big chunk I realize you might not get the solution the first time but do you know what else the problem may be?

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/LC2RPRQ9vShZjoTa8i_lGNzHwTX-y0EnILiF-pNx3V0?feat=directlink
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

wow, is the ice maker making ice correctly?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thats a good question YESTERDAY BEFORE I WENT TO WORK HARDLY ANY ICE THEN I MOVED THE ARM AND WHEN I CAME HOME THERE WAS ALOT MORE ICE BUT if YOU SAW THE PICTURE MOST OF IT FREEZES IN A BIG CLUMP TOWARDS THE BACK
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
I think you need to remove the ice maker and the panel behind it and check the tube that feeds the ice maker, it may be cracked or partially frozen an d the water is spraying out, let me know what you find