How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a GE Profile Spacemaker 2 and we steamed some rice in

This answer was rated:

I have a GE Profile Spacemaker 2 and we steamed some rice in it and it has gone dead completely. Is there a reset switch or does a part need to be replaced. It looks like this is a common problem with this model. Can you help?

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

 

there is an internal fuse in this, Part 911209the go all the time and is very common, #1 on this diagram, a word of caution though please read this,

CPSC Banner

Consumer Product Safety Commission

Electrocution Hazard with Do-It-Yourself Repairs of Microwave Ovens

CPSC Document #5061


The U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) warns against do-it-yourself repairs of microwave ovens. Each year, on average, four people die from electrocution trying to repair their microwave ovens. Microwave ovens use high voltage which makes it particularly hazardous for consumers to remove the cover and touch electrical parts. The possibility for electrical shock from a microwave oven still exists even after the oven is disconnected from the power source. Should certain internal devices fail, even unplugged ovens can cause serious injury.

The Commission strongly recommends that consumers have professionals repair microwave ovens because electrical appliances can be hazardous if consumers expose live electrical parts.


 

/!\ WARNING

ELECTROCUTION HAZARD
HIGH VOLTAGE

Removing the cover of your microwave oven and touching an electrical part can kill you.

Have a professional repair your microwave oven

 

please consider a service call for this repair, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I unplugged it again and still got nothing. Where is the fuse located? The schematic does not say which part is what.

the fuse is marked #1 on the diagram if you follow the power cord into the microwave its in the inside of the machine and part of the power cord, there will be a plastic case around the fuse.

Bryan and 3 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you