Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE Profile Spacemaker 2 and we steamed some rice in

I have a GE Profile Spacemaker 2 and we steamed some rice in it and it has gone dead completely. Is there a reset switch or does a part need to be replaced. It looks like this is a common problem with this model. Can you help?

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

there is an internal fuse in this, Part 911209the go all the time and is very common, #1 on this diagram, a word of caution though please read this,

CPSC Banner

Consumer Product Safety Commission

Electrocution Hazard with Do-It-Yourself Repairs of Microwave Ovens

CPSC Document #5061

The U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) warns against do-it-yourself repairs of microwave ovens. Each year, on average, four people die from electrocution trying to repair their microwave ovens. Microwave ovens use high voltage which makes it particularly hazardous for consumers to remove the cover and touch electrical parts. The possibility for electrical shock from a microwave oven still exists even after the oven is disconnected from the power source. Should certain internal devices fail, even unplugged ovens can cause serious injury.

The Commission strongly recommends that consumers have professionals repair microwave ovens because electrical appliances can be hazardous if consumers expose live electrical parts.

/!\ WARNING

ELECTROCUTION HAZARD
HIGH VOLTAGE

Removing the cover of your microwave oven and touching an electrical part can kill you.

Have a professional repair your microwave oven

please consider a service call for this repair, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I unplugged it again and still got nothing. Where is the fuse located? The schematic does not say which part is what.

the fuse is marked #1 on the diagram if you follow the power cord into the microwave its in the inside of the machine and part of the power cord, there will be a plastic case around the fuse.