maytag steamclean dishwasher 1 year old just stopped working…

maytag steamclean dishwasher 1 year...
maytag steamclean dishwasher 1 year old just stopped working during cycle. reset breaker - no go - no lights on - no response to button pushes... Read full answer
maytag steamclean dishwasher 1 year old just stopped working during cycle. reset breaker - no go - no lights on - no response to button pushes
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/4/2010
John, Home Appliance Technician

Thanks for the question.

did you install the unit, can you send me the model number please.

yes I installed it and it has worked perfectly until now. Nothing unusual was done to it.
I live in Canada if that matters.
I think the numbers are MDB7851AWW AND/OR 46057205ND

I'm Canadian as well, Hi from Peterborough.

when you installed it you connected the 120 volts in that metal box behind the bottom panel and connected the wires with those wire nuts, check those they sometimes burn up the wire at that connection. try that and let me know.

Edmonton says hi - I will look at the wires but now must do it tomorrow or saturday. how do i contact you again?
If you don't do it tomorrow this session will end , just log back on when you've had a chance to check it out.
thanx - more hopefully tomorrow.

Brian
Ok Brian talk tomorrow.
Hi. Removed the cover and checked all connections. All tight and clean. Also moved and or wiggled every connection I saw=no joy!
Turned power back on and closed the door. No lights still

so the lid switch is the next place to look , its made pf plastic and they break allot , remove the outer panel and check that switch.
Again a delay have to go out for the evening... May be back later certainly tomorrow.

Have a great evening.

brian
your a busy person, talk later.
More info to help.. The washer was at the beginning of the wash cycle - the soap dispenser had just opened and just beginning to wash. The washer was full of water.

I have taken the front panel off and am checking the door latch now.

http://www.partselect.com/xq/aspx/Inventory.2180046/qx/PartDetail.htm?SourceCode=1

This is the door lock assembly, check the two switches , you can O H M them out to see if one is open.

One would appear to be broken... Looking at the image you sent it is the left one

Thats why the unit wont start up replace the switch assembly.

Sorry. Changed ohm battery.. Seems both switches are working. I have power off but switch still installed..will that make a difference in readings
You said one appeared to be broken the switch could be good but if the plastic is broken it may not make contact when the door is closed, make sure they both close when the door is closed.

I will change the microswitches anyways. If it is not them what next?
if its not the door switch then the problem has to be the control, and that control has no fuse.
John, Home Appliance Technician
So bigger bucks maybe..than for you guidance. I'll let you know what happens.

Brian

Ok Brian good luck .

Thanks and God Bless.

Well I bought a new door latch including switches! $35.. No joy!

Will trace all wiring to see if power has been interrupted somewhere. Washer is only 18 monthes old & it was treated very well by my wife. A little disappointed at the moment.

More together time I guess as we do manual dishes!
are you getting 120 volts to the switches.if your not then it could be the broken wire like you said.
Yes - 120 volts across switch. I opened the control box released and pulled the circuit tape out and cleaned with circuit cleaner. Again pulled and pushed everything under the washer -ido you think it's the water level sensor or soap dispensor since the washer seemed to stop after the soap was dispensed?

http://www.partselect.com/xq/aspx/Inventory.2099981/qx/PartDetail.htm?SourceCode=1

I looked at the diagram and the current goes through a hi limit thermostat clamped to the bottom of the tub, that could be open, join and tape the two wires together and try it.

This is becoming a major project! I've pulled the dw form under the counter (as much as possible with hose and wire attached). The thermostat is attached to 2 white wires if I read the wiring diagram that came with the dw. They are in a white plug. Can I remove the plug from the thermostat and put a short jumper in as opposed tom taping them together (can't seem to pull them out of the plug.)
yes you can do that as long as its not touching anything.
Well I did the jumper thing, turned power on on again no joy -panel lights still don't come on
if not the fuse by the wiring diagram the problem has to be the control.
Any way to check It?
you can check to see if your getting 120 volts to it , if you are then the rest of the d/w should get power to the water valve and the motor.and its not sending the power to anywhere.
Wish me luck.. Talk to you tomorrow.
yes good luck on that one.
I guess I've reached the limit of my 62 year old skills! Can you recommend a good repairman here in Edmonton?
Hi
thanx for the recommendation. Unfortunately they only do small appliances so I called Trail Appliances where I purchased it. (Jan 2009) He was here this morning. It was your first call! The line in was at fault. I did not notice that the connector was slightly discoloured and he found the common was corroded enough to short out inside the connector! A quick replacement and he was gone. He felt it was close enough to the warranty and such a small and cheap fix that there was no charge.

I have just finished a washing cycle and it worked just fine.

Again, thanx for your help. My skill level obviously does not include the finer details of electrical wiring!

I will and have recommended this site already to others.

Brian

Thats great glad it worked out for you.

Thanks and God Bless.

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
My dishwasher wont drain and restart with any buttons
my dishwasher wont drain and restart with any buttons pushed … read more
Master Tech
Master Tech
How to clean the oven. it has a pan that says water here
how to clean the oven. it has a pan that says water here steam clean … read more
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Maitenance Supervisor,
Someone opened the door while the dishwasher was running.
Someone opened the door while the dishwasher was running. They did not close the door all the way to let the washer continue. Now it seems to have no power at all. I have reset the breaker twice. I ha… read more
Mark M
Mark M
Appliance Repair Technician / Handyman,
Bachelors
Stop searching for answers—
Maytag dishwasher. Mod MDB4709AWB1. Ser. F04913530. Suddenly
Maytag dishwasher. Mod MDB4709AWB1. Ser. F04913530. Suddenly stopped working. The heated dry light is on. When I push the normal cycle button and then the start button, the start button light fades an… read more
Master Tech
Master Tech
I have a Maytag maxima. In beginning a load start I somehow
I have a Maytag maxima. In beginning a load start I somehow caused the door locked light to begin flashing. No other controls respond. I have cut power to the washer and will wait at least 30 minutes … read more
Appliance Technician,
I am trying to reset the control panel for a newer model
I am trying to reset the control panel for a newer model Kitchenaid dishwasher. I don't have a "heated dry" button on my dishwasher, so other advice on internet doesn't work. Any ideas? … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have a maytag washer that doesn't seem to be draining
I have a maytag washer that doesn't seem to be draining after the rinse cycle. I noticed this after I interrupted the wash by unlocking the washer during it's wash or rinse cycle. My unit does not hav… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
My Whirlpool dishwasher refuses to run the cycle I've
Hi! My Whirlpool dishwasher refuses to run the cycle I've selected. When I close the door and press start, the clear/drain light automatically switches on and it starts trying to drain. Help!… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Our 3 year old Kitchen aid dishwasher has been working fine
Our 3 year old Kitchen aid dishwasher has been working fine til last night. My wife and I noticed it stopped on its own with water still in the bottom. We thought that maybe we hit the door during the… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a maytag dishwasher MDB7749SAW0. Less than a year old
I have a maytag dishwasher MDB7749SAW0. Less than a year old I think. The lights started flashing and it won't run a cycle. The cancel/drain light flashes once then control lock flashes 3x fast. I've … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a model KUDE40FXSS3 dishwasher and it continuously stops
I have a model KUDE40FXSS3 dishwasher and it continuously stops during the cycle with blinking lights. Even with a 1 hour no dry cycle, it will still be on in the morning and not finished running. Hav… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
My Frigidaire dishwasher is only 2.5 years old. It stopped
My Frigidaire dishwasher is only 2.5 years old. It stopped working. When you close the door, select the wash cycle, and push start nothing happens. The small green lights on the selected buttons all b… read more
Appliance Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
Our Maytag dishwasher was interrupted during a cycle. When
Our Maytag dishwasher was interrupted during a cycle. When we closed the door again, and pushed start, nothing happened. Kept pushing - no change. I turned the power off hoping it would just reset and… read more
Randy
Randy
bought dishwasher in 5-17-2010 MDBH979AWW3 went to use today
bought dishwasher in 5-17-2010 MDBH979AWW3 went to use today - pushed cycle button NO lights on either heavey.normal,light cycles then pushed options button-hi temp,heated dry,sanitize- all lights wor… read more
Master Tech
Master Tech
I have a GE Profile Triton dishwasher. I set it to run a speed
I have a GE Profile Triton dishwasher. I set it to run a speed wash about 30 minutes ago and then left for a few minutes. I just returned and there is a constant beeping. The cycle is washing, but the… read more
master appliance tech
master appliance tech
Owner / Operator,
We have a GE Dishwasher PDW9200-PDW9800 Series which is 5-6
We have a GE Dishwasher PDW9200-PDW9800 Series which is 5-6 years old. We leave for 5-6 months during the summer and early fall and during that time, the door is closed and the circuit breaker is turn… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a Maytag JetClean Dishwasher model # MDB 7100 AWB.
I have a Maytag JetClean Dishwasher model # XXXXX 7100 AWB. During mid-cycle, it stopped. None of push controls work and it will not resume. The lights on the controls blink. Issue is? Thanks Joel… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Hi, I have a Kenmore Quietguard Standard Dishwasher. The manual
Hi, I have a Kenmore Quietguard Standard Dishwasher. The manual says(NNN) NNN-NNNN It is about 1 1/2 years old. We get good use out of this dishwasher. Today I stopped it mid-cycle in the wash cycle t… read more
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic
Service Technician,