My Sears Kenmore Elite dishwasher defaults to the cancel/dra…

Customer Question
My Sears Kenmore Elite dishwasher...
My Sears Kenmore Elite dishwasher defaults to the cancel/drain function whenever I try to run any wash cycle. How do I reset the computer board to get it to run properly again? I have unplugged the appliance, waited 5 minutes and plugged it in again. No change. I have allowed the cancel/drain to run to completion (even though there is NO water... Read full answer
My Sears Kenmore Elite dishwasher defaults to the cancel/drain function whenever I try to run any wash cycle. How do I reset the computer board to get it to run properly again? I have unplugged the appliance, waited 5 minutes and plugged it in again. No change. I have allowed the cancel/drain to run to completion (even though there is NO water to drain). I have pressed the cancel/drain to stop it. No change. I usually use the Smart Wash cycle, but no matter which wash cycle I choose, it defaults back to the cancel/drain over and over. I have also tried toggling back and forth between various buttons (Normal Wash/Heated Dry, for example), which is supposed to "reset" the computer board. No change.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/3/2010
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Home Appliance Technician replied 9 years ago
Tyler Z., Home Appliance Technician
the only way to reset the control board board is to press: Heated dry, high temp wash, Heated dry, High temp wash, Heated dry, High temp wash, Heated dry, High temp wash, Heated dry.

All the lights should flash, then press cancel and it should reset the control board. If you don't have a "heated dry" button then use the "air dry" or "energy saver dry" button instead. If that doesn't reset the board then unfortunately you will need to order and replace the control board in order to correct the issue.
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Kenmore elite washer was turning off mid cycle. Reset by
Kenmore elite washer was turning off mid cycle. Reset by turning off for 30 min. Ran cycle, but now I cannot change wash setting… read more
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Maitenance Supervisor,
MODEL KUDI01IL/BL4---TYPE-577-0---SERIAL 3FR1702505 Pressing
MODEL KUDI01IL/BL4---TYPE-577-0---SERIAL 3FR1702505 Pressing "Start", nothing happens. Press cancel, it runs for 2 minutes, just as it is supposed to… read more
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Maitenance Supervisor,
how to know model number on a Kenmore elite dishwasher smart
how to know model number on a Kenmore elite dishwasher smart wash if sticker has been removed? I need the reset sequence.… read more
Master Tech
Master Tech
Stop searching for answers—
I have a Kenmore Elite Dishwasher, Type 577-D MOD 655.Smart
I have a Kenmore Elite Dishwasher, Type 577-D MOD 655.13852k602 Smart Wash (SW), Normal Wash (NW) and Cancel are blinking. There is relatively clean water in the basin. I reset the control board first… read more
Master Tech
Master Tech
I have a Sears Kenmore Elite 665.13153.K701 dishwasher which
I have a Sears Kenmore Elite 665.13153.K701 dishwasher which has recently started going into a cancel/drain cycle on its own whenever I close the dishwasher door. If I try to cancel the cancel cycle, … read more
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry
Outside inhome service tech,
I have an Elite dishwasher model 665.13103K and the cancel
I have an Elite dishwasher model 665.13103K and the cancel drain and normal wash buttons are flashing, the quick wash and smart wash are faintly glowing. The dishwasher did not run and it will not sta… read more
Barry G.
Barry G.
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
kitchenaid dishwasher model # XXXXX will not start ,
kitchenaid dishwasher model # XXXXX will not start , LED LIGHTS COME ON WHEN I CHOOSE AN OPTION, BUT WHEN I HIT START NOTHING HAPENS, I HIT CANCEL AND IT CANCELS EVERYTHING AND THE LED ON CANCEL COMES… read more
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal
Owner,
I have a kenmore elite dishwasher that had the blinking green
I have a kenmore elite dishwasher that had the blinking green light. I reset the board and it went thru the diagnostic cycle. Now it will not run, and it seems as though the heating element is one whe… read more
Jon
Jon
Owner/President,
We bought a Kenmore Elite dishwasher in the spring/summer of
We bought a Kenmore Elite dishwasher in the spring/summer of 2008 and for the last few weeks, the unit is malfunctioning and we suspect that it will quit operating completely very soon. For some reaso… read more
Owner,
I have a Sears 665.13749K601 dishwasher. I need a reset code
I have a Sears 665.13749K601 dishwasher. I need a reset code as the start light is flashing and the machine will not operate.… read more
Owner,
Type have a Kenmore Elite dishwasher 665 13763K02 and it is
Type have a Kenmore Elite dishwasher 665 13763K02 and it is not working. After starting the washer within 5-10 mins the whole digital panel flashes. I read online this may be the heat element but the … read more
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry
Outside inhome service tech,
i have a 2000 kenmore elite dishwasher model # XXXXXXXXXXX
i have a 2000 kenmore elite dishwasher model # XXXXX the control panel is is flashing, then a number comes up, sometimes it just goes off. it is blinking on rinse only. i can't engage any other cycle.… read more
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry
Outside inhome service tech,
Stop searching for answers—
I have a Kenmore Elite dishwasher which will not turn on. The
I have a Kenmore Elite dishwasher which will not turn on. The clean indicating light flashes and when the start cycle is pushed yhe start light flashes and then stops… read more
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry
Outside inhome service tech,
i have a kenmore elite dishwasher and the red light on the
i have a kenmore elite dishwasher and the red light on the normal wash cycle keeps flashing. i cant get the machine to do anything. i have hit the cancel button it flashes for a while then goes off. i… read more
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry
Outside inhome service tech,
I have a Kenmore 665.16294402 Elite dishwasher. The green
I have a Kenmore 665.16294402 Elite dishwasher. The green light is flashing and won't go off. It's been on for 24 hours. Can't start new wash cycle. What I've tried: turned power off for 2 hours conti… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
2005 Kenmore elite dishwasher - my dishwasher will not turn
2005 Kenmore elite dishwasher - my dishwasher will not turn on and the green clean light is blinking. Before this happened, it was not cleaning well. Money is tight. any clue what it may be and can I … read more
Dave
Dave
I have a Kenmore Elite W10083122A Dishwasher. It has been
I have a Kenmore Elite W10083122A Dishwasher. It has been installed since December and the "CLEAN" light is flashing and continues to whenever we push the start button. Canceling doesn't do anything T… read more
Chas
Chas
Master Appliance Repair Technician,
I bought a Kenmore dishwasher - Ultra Wash - Quiet Guard 3
I bought a Kenmore dishwasher - Ultra Wash - Quiet Guard 3 , model #665-16022-401 - used when owner went to 'stainless' that they said worked great and it looked like new. When my friend installed it … read more
Mr Repair
Mr Repair