I am really pissed off..... my bosch s/s dishwasher is RUINING…

Customer Question
I am really pissed off.......
I am really pissed off..... my bosch s/s dishwasher is RUINING all my metal wear, WHY, it never did this before..... it looks like they are BURNED, HELP... Read full answer
I am really pissed off..... my bosch s/s dishwasher is RUINING all my metal wear, WHY, it never did this before..... it looks like they are BURNED, HELP
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/2/2010
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Home Appliance Technician replied 9 years ago
Tyler Z., Home Appliance Technician
if your washing metal in the dishwasher, you need to put it on quick wash so that the unit does not go through a dry cycle. The dry cycle is the reason the unit heats up and will discolor the silverware and metal serving trays.
I have been washing the same serving dishes in the same dishwasher for the last year and a half with NO problems before.......that is not a helpful answer...... maybe you have another one?
If the unit is getting hotter than it did in the past, then you have a bad thermostat sensor you will need to replace or a bad control board not reading the thermistor correctly.
how would I check that? I haven't noticed it being hotter? My thermostat on my water heater is way low, because its so hot here, so even if I turned the hot water on in my home, its not hot enough to burn anything.......... How do I fix this? What parts would I need ect? not names but actual parts, thanks so much, Janine
you can't test it, but based on your ocmplaint and the fact that your unit didn't do it before, that is the only possibliity. You'd need to replace the thermistor and if that didn't fix the problem, replace the control board.
I have just done a web search for the thermostat, and there isn't one how am I supposed to fix it if I can't find the parts?????
I said a thermistor, and you'll need to call bosch if you can't find the part, they will look it up for you.
no read above you said thermostat sensor! Which made think you you mis typed the second time around! I will look and see.
I said

A thermistor is a "thermostat sensor" The thermistor is the actual name of the part.
Geez chill OUT, if I KNEW THAT I WOULDN"T BE TALKING TO YOU! holy heck..... GET REAL I mean your talking to someone who is a single mother taking care of everything by HERSELF...... trying to sort it all out, and you act like I should know this shit! Give me a break, and WRITE IN LAMENS terms, as professionals arent' writing YOU for HELP are they?
I'm not sure what you are getting so upset, but I think you're taking what I'm saying the wrong way.
I would like to have part numbers for what you are saying that I need, I'm tired of looking and trying to figure out where to get what I need, and I can't understand it when you say thermostat or whatever I'm just trying to fix the friggin dishwasher......
I do not have the part numbers, you need to to call a parts store that sells Bosch parts to get the number. Good luck

Edited by appliance Doc on 6/2/2010 at 3:10 AM EST
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I have a Bosch model SHV 4303UC/U12 dishwasher. The last
Hi, I have a Bosch model SHV 4303UC/U12 dishwasher. The last load didn't come out really clean and I had water leaking from the three slots in front part of pan by the Floor. Thanks Marty… read more
Austin
Austin
I'm trying to remove the right side stainless steel side
I'm trying to remove the right side stainless steel side panel on a Bosch SHX7ER55UC dishwasher to gain access to the door cable / spring system. Just about got it off but cannot get the front lower c… read more
McgiverSR
McgiverSR
Technician,
My bosch dishwasher has a metallic smell. While washing my
My bosch dishwasher has a metallic smell. While washing my dishes I could smell it it another room. what could be the problem. Our dishwasher is 2 years old, and this is the first time this has happen… read more
Mike R.
Mike R.
Stop searching for answers—
What conditions cause the power cords on some Bosch
What conditions cause the power cords on some Bosch dishwashers to haave power cords burn up? … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I locked my stove and now the button light is on and won t
i locked my stove and now the button light is on and won t off … read more
Appliance Technician,
We have a 10 year old Bosch Dishwasher model# *****
We have a 10 year old Bosch Dishwasher model# ***** The unit will not power on. It has done this once before about a week ago where it sat dormant for a day and then powered on when we tried it again.… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have a 3 week old, under warr. Bosch SHE7ER55UC. It ran fine
I have a 3 week old, under warr. Bosch SHE7ER55UC. It ran fine for 2 weeks then came up w/ an E:15 error code. I think that was due to not being tethered and it tipped forward allowing water to get in… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
We have a Bosch SHX46B dishwasher and are concerned that an
We have a Bosch SHX46B dishwasher and are concerned that an electrical smell is coming from it. It was running and near the end of it's cycle when the smell appeared. There was no smell inside of the … read more
romr2009
romr2009
when i go to start my dishwasher it goes right to the dishs
when i go to start my dishwasher it goes right to the dishs clean light and never runs the cleaning cycle.… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have Bosch Dishwasher (SHX46A07uc/43). My question is how
I have Bosch Dishwasher (SHX46A07uc/43). My question is how long is regular wash in time to work on the dishwasher? Our dishwasher is working for 3 to 4 hours and we clean off our dishes before going … read more
MRANSWER
MRANSWER
TECHNICIAN,
I have a Bosch dishwasher. I am having a problem that
I have a Bosch dishwasher. I am having a problem that appears to have come up out of no where. Today i was attempting to use my dishwasher and it stopped working because i had run out of rinsing agent… read more
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
i need to drill a one quarter inch hole in my granite counter
i need to drill a one quarter inch hole in my granite counter top. is there a drill bit that will do that?… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
Bosch dishwasher (SHY66C02UC); the bottom arm is not getting
Bosch dishwasher (SHY66C02UC); the bottom arm is not getting water anymore - as if I always pressed the "top rack only" button (yes, it's one of those units with that feature); it rotates freely by ha… read more
Techdesk
Techdesk
Service Engineer,
Why would my Whirlpool Dishwasher suddenly start running very
Why would my Whirlpool Dishwasher suddenly start running very loud when it is turned on ? It has never been this loud before. Shannon Tabor [email protected]… read more
MRANSWER
MRANSWER
TECHNICIAN,
We have a Bosch dishwasher which is about 5 years old. we live
We have a Bosch dishwasher which is about 5 years old. we live in an area with hard water have no water softener but never had problems with scaling on our dishes up until 3 months ago. Now glasses, p… read more
Rob
Rob
My GE Potscrubber 650 dishwasher stopped working. It wouldnt
My GE Potscrubber 650 dishwasher stopped working. It wouldn't start, then after a time it started, but didn't finish, and never drained the water. When you spin the dial you hear things clicking, but … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I dont the serial number or model, but my moms washing machine
I don't the serial number or model, but my mom's washing machine is sounding as if there's broken glass in it when she turns it on. Yesterday and today...the repair person is jerking us around. What c… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a bosch SHU30006uc-uoc dishwasher, I was told I need
I have a bosch SHU30006uc-uoc dishwasher, I was told I need a fillup valve and a timer.. The price quoted was too high to have repaired. It is 7 years old. I would like to repair it myself. I'm fairly… read more
Home Appliance Technician,