Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

We purchased a GE dishwasher last nov.09. Mod.#GDWF160R10SS

Customer Question

We purchased a GE dishwasher last nov.09. Mod.#GDWF160R10SS SER.# XXXXX

Every time we open thd door the rubber seal falls off on one side and the top, this should not happen, and it is only a matter of time until it gets damaged. How can this be repaired?
XXXXX XXXXX XXX-XXX-XXXX
[email protected]
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 7 years ago.
please remember we are not in your home to do the repair or test our self and cant always be 100% and can always overlook something / thanks

the door seal will need to be replaced but this dishwasher being bought in Nov of last year is still in the full one year warranty so i would call and set up a service call with GE or who ever the company use you bought it from and let them come out and repair it for you at no charge ,, if you buy the part and install it then they could void your warranty if they wanter too so let them do this for you and it will not cost you anything ,,, Glad i could help you with your problem today so please hit the accept button for me before you leave so i may be paid ,, Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I thought I was talking to GE, that what your link said, when I put in "geappliances.com" Now it seems you are some other outfit, that is false advertising!! Also when you gave an option for charges there was an $18 option, but you had it blocked out, that is not good business practice.

I already knew the seal had to be changed, I expected to be given a phone number or the name of the GE repair man.

I do think I should be charged

click on this link and it will have the numbers to contact ge service and you can set up a call ,,, we are appliance techs on here to help you with your problem and if you had read it you would have seen it says just answers and nothing about us being ge service company

http://www.geappliances.com/service_and_support/contact/
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

As I said you did not tell me anything I did not already know.

I thoughy you were GE and I was expecting a telephone number or some contact with

GE service.

I will pay the $18 that was one of the options on your questionaire, but you have rigged that so as it cannot be chosen.

the link i gave you has all the numbers on it but in case you did not open the link then here is the numbers / thanks

Call us on the phone

GE Answer Center®
1-800-626-2005
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 10 p.m. ET
Saturday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. ET
Closed Sunday.

GE Genuine Parts
1-877-959-8688
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. ET
Saturday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET

GE Warranty Management
1-800-626-2224
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET
Saturday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. ET

GE Appliance Service
1-800-848-7620
Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. ET
Saturday - Sunday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. ET

GE Telephones
1-800-448-0329
Automated response 24 hours/day, Live agent 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET

GE Consumer Electronics
1-800-447-1700