Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Whirlpool Duet Washing machine model GHW9100LW1. When

I have a Whirlpool Duet Washing machine model GHW9100LW1. When you press the control on button the lights all come on, the control knob light for the wash settings "normal, heavy duty, whites" flashes, nothing happens when you hit the start button. No fault codes display, just the minutes.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

let me check your model and I'll be back soon, thanks Bryan

is this showing a fault code?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No, there is no fault code, just the red light flashing no matter what wash setting you put it on. ie, normal, heavy duty, delicate. All the other lights remain a stready red light, but the wash setting dial just keeps blinking red.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX hear something good, or at least easily repairable. Just got through repairing the bellows myself about a month ago.

Thanks again.

sorry I had computer lock up problems , well this is probably the control board unfortunately, is this full of water now? what I would suggest is take the bottom panel off under the door, there are three screws way down near the floor, and clean the drain pump catch before doing anything else, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=just turn the cap and pull it out, be careful there will;ll be some water, its best to tip the machine back if possible. then unplug the machine and plug it back in, see if it resets,.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No, it had just finished a load about ten minutes prior to this happening. I was just beginning to start a new load when this happened.

What price range does a control board run?

How difficult is it to switch them out if I get a new one, I've had the front panel off before to see if I could see anything loose?

Sorry about the computer problems, that does become very frustrating at times.

well what I would have you do first is some diagnostics, I'm sending you tech service manual link see if you can get this into diagnostic mode, in the meantime I'll look up the board,

link, http://www.servicematters.com/docs/wiring/Tech%20Sheet%20-%208181790.pdf

the control board is $182.00 Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=@ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-GHW9100LW1-%3d%3dei1059575&PartID=1059575 its not difficult to replace its under the top of the machine and there are screws in the back you take out to remove the top, it will be on the right side when you get the top off, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I can not get to the machine right now, I'm at work, so I'll try the diagnostic when I get home. Then what should I do, or how can I contact you back if diagnostic checks out ok?
just post back and I'll get it, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So do I hit the accept answer now, or wait until I get home?
it doesn't matter either way, I will still get your reply and still help if I can, so thats up to you, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I could not get it to go into a diagostic mode. It just keeps flashing. It doesn't click in the control board area when I reconnect the power, so I guess that means a new control board. Is that what it sounds like to you?

Thanks so much for all your help.

Michelle

yes it does, you need to change it , sorry, i was hopeful though, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for all your assistance, the part should be here tomorrow. Hope it fixes it.

You were great. :)

ok thanks, Bryan