Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore HE3 Dryer It has power but will not start.

Customer Question
I have a Kenmore HE3...
I have a Kenmore HE3 Dryer It has power but will not start. When I hit start button it beeps 2wice quickly but will not start. I found the Tech-Sheet trouble guide. I went to diagnostics mode, Display reads 19 is suppose to read 88? , No PF E1 E2 E3 in Display. In diagnostics mode counsole buttons respond as expected in guide, But when I open or close door nothing hapens (not expected). Assuming it was the door switch I removed it, but when I test the switch with ohm meter it seems to be opening and closing OK. And when I reconnect switch and test P1-2 White and P1-3 Blue it is OK. Next step in guide was to test resitance across motor path, that was 2.3 ohms within lmit. Since that is OK the guide says a new Electronics Control Assembly is needed. Does this make sense, I was really hoping for 25$ new door switch, new Control Asembly Original Part#(NNN) NNN-NNNN is 196$ on repair clinic. I want to be sure my diagnostic is correct, I never tested Belt Pulley Switch. Please Advise.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/1/2010
Appliance Technician: Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 years ago
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

May I have the model number of your unit to better assist you ?

And if you program the unit will the time display count down?

Sorry .... The manual only says HE3 it had no Model# but the repair parts list sheet says Model # XXXXX 110.94832201 it is front load gas dryer

Your ? If you program the unit will the time display count down ?

Not sure what you mean by program

If i select options and hit start the time comes up on the machine but it never starts and time never starts to count down

OK I put everything back together and now it is working ... so maybe it was a sticky door switch that now works after taking it out and putting it back. My only concern is in taking the front panel apart to get at door switch , when i put it back together the drum fits kind of loosely in the outer cylinder that holds it. It runs and seems Ok it just seems the mecahnical way drum is held and spins on felt pads is kid of flacky ?. I do not know what etiquite is for this since you never got back to me after asking for model #... If you respond with some background and comments on what I have done I will do and accept and pay. I dont want to cheat anyone .. but you never got back to me ...

First of all this is just a part time thing for me and I log off at midnight , so I can got to teach school the next morning.

Your model number is XXXXX inside the door on the face frame of the dryer.

The felt seals is only to hold the heat in ,the drum itself is supported by the 4 rollers under it .

From what you stated in your original post it could be the door switch ,but you might have just had a loose connection on the (P1-4 light blue to the motor)

this connection ,pulls a lot of voltage and heat.

And the heat Will expand and contract the connector which will cause a loose connection.

And if you put the connections and of course it did work , you may have an issue in several loads ,but you may never have an issue again .

Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech