the dryer turns but there is no heat to dry - the manual mentioned…

Customer Question
the dryer turns but there...
the dryer turns but there is no heat to dry - the manual mentioned 2 internal fuses, one for the heat and one for the motor -where are they?... Read full answer
the dryer turns but there is no heat to dry - the manual mentioned 2 internal fuses, one for the heat and one for the motor -where are they?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/1/2010
Appliance Technician: John, Home Appliance Technician replied 9 years ago
John, Home Appliance Technician

Thanks for the question.

that model is not coming up, where is the lint filter located.

sorry - the model number is XXXXX and the lint filter is located in the dryer door frame.
does it have a bottom front panel.
it has the dryer on top - front loading and the washer - top loading on the botom. I have removed the sheet metal panel between the washer and the dryer as well a the panel with all the control knobs...

Is this electric or gas

it is gas heated but the motor runs on electricity - model # XXXXX

http://www.repairclinic.com/Kenmore-Dryer-Parts?s=a8b6c278

For some reason I cant come up with that model number, here all the thermostats thats on a Kenmore dryer, the hi limit is on the heater housing and the thermal fuse is on the blower housing or the air dust one could be open causing that problem.

where are the fuses - front or back - are they special fuses or common ones that I can buy at the auto store - I don"t know what to tell you about the model number< I copied it right off the dryer
If this is 11097972101 if thats correct I cant go anywhere with it.the parts you can only buy at an Appliance Parts Store ,the parts are in the front of the dryer and to tell you the hi limit is on the heater housing and the thermal fuse is on the blower housing or the air duct
John, Home Appliance Technician
can the back panel come off your dryer , if it can the thermal fuse is on the air duct , its the small white one with two wires.
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
On a Kenmore 110.66942500 model dryer, how do you know if a
On a Kenmore 110.66942500 model dryer, how do you know if a thermostat or the thermal fuse is bad and causing the dryer to run for a bit and then shut off? The motor is not overheated and the dryer co… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a Frigidaire Dryer Model# ***** 7074LR0 / Serial # ***** The
I have a Frigidaire Dryer Model# ***** 7074LR0 / Serial # ***** The Error Code "E 51" appears in the LCD display. There is no heat and the motor continues to run when door is closed. I do not have a m… read more
Master Tech
Master Tech
speed queen dryer AEM497W2 - no manual available - dryer turns
speed queen dryer AEM497W2 - no manual available - dryer turns on, heats, overheats (no off/on to maintain temp), shuts down; will restart after 10 minute "time out" - thermal fuse/heating element che… read more
Master Tech
Master Tech
Stop searching for answers—
I have an estate heavy duty super capacity dryer thats at least
I have an estate heavy duty super capacity dryer thats at least 13 years old and used weekly ever since. Today, after drying a load, it now once the control is set to any of the drying positions begin… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Our dryer is a little over 2 years old. Today, it does not
Our dryer is a little over 2 years old. Today, it does not generate any heat at all on any setting - timed dry, etc. The manual says that electric dryers use 2 fuses or circuit breakers. None of my br… read more
Master Tech
Master Tech
I have Maytag dryer model MDE 2400AYW that runs but heats up
I have Maytag dryer model MDE 2400AYW that runs but heats up to point where it squeeks and eventually the drum refusses to turn. We shut it off and let it cool down then are able to restart the drying… read more
Appliance Technician,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have a Bosch electric dryer and replaced all the heat relays
I have a Bosch electric dryer and replaced all the heat relays and sensors because the dryer worked but no heat. There was continuity in the element and while working on the dryer I jammed the drum du… read more
Randy
Randy
where are the fuses in an old frigidaire stackable dryer
where are the fuses in an old frigidaire stackable dryer? my manual says there are 2 house fuses. dryer runs but doesn't heat… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a Fridgidaire Model# FER641FSO electric dryer. Everything
I have a Fridgidaire Model# XXXXX electric dryer. Everything runs right, just doesn't heat. The owner's manual says to replace one or both fuses. My question is, where are the fuses located and what t… read more
MRANSWER
MRANSWER
TECHNICIAN,
My Amana home clothes dryer is about a year old and has stopped
My Amana home clothes dryer is about a year old and has stopped drying. The barrell/chamber turns but no heat on any setting. Unfortunately, I have misplaced the instruction manual and can't refer to … read more
Appliance Man
Appliance Man
Appliance Tech,
My Miele T220 condenser clothes dryer has effectively stopped
My Miele T220 condenser clothes dryer has effectively stopped drying clothes. The drying function has been deteriorating for some time and has now more or less stopped working. My question is whether … read more
I.can
I.can
Engineer,
My dryer runs, tumbles but is not heating to dry my clothes.
My dryer runs, tumbles but is not heating to dry my clothes. According to the manual, there is 2 fuses in the dryer circuit. Where are they located.… read more
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic
Service Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
My 15 month old AEQ7000Es1 dryer just stopped working. The
My 15 month old AEQ7000Es1 dryer just stopped working. The drum lights are on and there is an electric hum when you push start, but it does not rotate. I see a not in the manual about one fuse out if … read more
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic
Service Technician,
Maytag SDE515DAYW dryer timer is new because old timer would
Maytag SDE515DAYW dryer timer is new because old timer would not cycle in any mode. New timer 33002676 does not correct the problem either. What else could cause the timer motor not to turn on.… read more
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry
Outside inhome service tech,
I have a GE Spacemaker Dryer Model #DSXH43EV0WW that runs but
I have a GE Spacemaker Dryer Model #DSXH43EV0WW that runs but does not dry. The manuel says check the 2 house fuses in dryer circuit. Where are they located?… read more
I.can
I.can
Engineer,
Our LG DLG2532W gas dryer appears to be working, but the heat
Our LG DLG2532W gas dryer appears to be working, but the heat is not on, so essentially, it is just air drying. It may be the moisture sensor, as I removed the grill around the filter to clean the dus… read more
MRANSWER
MRANSWER
TECHNICIAN,
I have a Ensignia Dryer (MDE6657BYW) and it doesnt heat the
I have a Ensignia Dryer (MDE6657BYW) and it doesn't heat the air on any setting. The vent line was clogged and I think the heating element is working. Is there an internal fuse I can check and where i… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
my maytag gas dryer model mdg3000aww is not drying. I noticed
my maytag gas dryer model mdg3000aww is not drying. I noticed that we hear a clicking sound when we switch the Infinite temperature from regular to delicate air fluff. We found that the clicking sound… read more
Home Appliance Technician,