John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

the dryer turns but there is no heat to dry - the manual mentioned

Customer Question

the dryer turns but there is no heat to dry - the manual mentioned 2 internal fuses, one for the heat and one for the motor -where are they?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for the question.

that model is not coming up, where is the lint filter located.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
sorry - the model number is XXXXX and the lint filter is located in the dryer door frame.
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
does it have a bottom front panel.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it has the dryer on top - front loading and the washer - top loading on the botom. I have removed the sheet metal panel between the washer and the dryer as well a the panel with all the control knobs...
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

Is this electric or gas

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it is gas heated but the motor runs on electricity - model # XXXXX
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

http://www.repairclinic.com/Kenmore-Dryer-Parts?s=a8b6c278

For some reason I cant come up with that model number, here all the thermostats thats on a Kenmore dryer, the hi limit is on the heater housing and the thermal fuse is on the blower housing or the air dust one could be open causing that problem.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
where are the fuses - front or back - are they special fuses or common ones that I can buy at the auto store - I don"t know what to tell you about the model number< I copied it right off the dryer
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
If this is 11097972101 if thats correct I cant go anywhere with it.the parts you can only buy at an Appliance Parts Store ,the parts are in the front of the dryer and to tell you the hi limit is on the heater housing and the thermal fuse is on the blower housing or the air duct
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
can the back panel come off your dryer , if it can the thermal fuse is on the air duct , its the small white one with two wires.