esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp
15396620

my whirlpool built-in electric convection oven is not working.

my whirlpool built-in electric convection oven is not working. the display is blank. If I push the button, it beeps but nothing happens. What could be causing this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  esequiel walker replied 7 years ago.
ok the screen is blank but when you press each button does it beep
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, it does beep when I press each button but nothing happens. the oven won't turn on. The only thing that is working is the light will come on when i push the light button.
hi ok what led to this was it running when this happened seems like there was a power surge what happened is the board has lost ground in the relays so it will beep but no visual on the screen
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm not sure what led to this. I came home from work and the screen was blank. It was working fine yesterday. If the board has lost ground in the relays, how do I fix this?
hi you will have to replace the control board to fix this issue im sure it was a power surge very common damages boards for the future i suggest a surge protector. pressing accept for my help pays me thanks .