Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Is it common for water to remain in the drum after you have

Customer Question

Is it common for water to remain in the drum after you have completed a washer load - using max exact? Seems to me that I would be starting my next load with left over/dirty water. Am I wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
there shouldn't be dirty water left in this after it spins, the may be a clog in the drain system or pump assembly,check the drain system for obstructions. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
When I spin the drum after a finished load should I "hear" any water in the drum? Which thus far sounds like a sizeable amount.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
no you shouldn't and there shouldn't be any resistance form water when you spin the drum, this isn't draining correctly, if you can get me a model # XXXXX'll look up diagrams for you. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
MAH5500BWW
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you need to check this. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=the drain pump and hoses going to and from it for obstructions, if you don't find any replace the pump. you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-MAH5500BWW+-%3d%3dei1033134&PartID=1033134 thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
is the repair manual still available so that we can effectively disassemble the unit? The manual is not available from Maytag.................we tried on line.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
I'm not able to find one, sorry