Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have two issues; 1 - The cold water trickles out during

I have two issues; 1...
I have two issues;

1 - The cold water trickles out during the fill cycle. My traps appear to be clean.

2 - After the first cycle, it drains and sits before going to the second rinse cycle. you have to manually move it to the 2nd rinse cycle.
5/3/2010
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
your problem is the water inlet valve itself, it needs to be replaced , this would account for both problems, you can order it @ http://www.appliancepartspros.com/part_details.aspx?part_id=3187967 thanks Bryan

Thanks for the speedy reply Bryan. I'm ordering it now and will install upon arrival. If successful, I will make sure to issue payment immediately.

Also, if successful, I'll ask a separate question about my stove.

Thanks,

Dave

no problem, thanks .Bryan

Hi Bryan,

so the new part arrived yesterday and I installed it last night. I of course disconnected everything first and made sure to reconnect the new one just as the old was installed.

the cold water still trickles out and it still "freezes" after the first cycle and requires me to manually turn the dial for the second rinse cycle.

I want to pay you, but want the washer to work. Any other suggestions? could I have done something wrong? There is absolutely zero changes from the old to new.

ok have you taken the hoses off and put them in the tub and turned the water on? is it comming out strong with them off the valve?

I did test the hoses without connecting them to the washer and yes, they water came out strong. I have plumbing experience and made sure the plumbing is working properly.

Could it be something with a sensor from the knob? I'm not familiar with the "workings" of the machine, but am mechanically inclined; at least I think so...

let me do some more research and I'll get back to you, thanks Bryan
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX it. I did find something posted online that it could have to do with a sensor on the lid. Would that make sense? There was a posting with a diagram as well. I haven't looked at that yet.
do you have a volt meter? the only real electrical part on the lid is the lid switch but that wouldn't effect the water flow at all. I'm thinking the fill hose after the valve may be pinched or clogged,

A new one came with the valve so I replaced the old one.

Wouldn't this clear out though since it works after the first cycle? I can deal with the slow cold water issue, but the "freezing" of the total cycle before the 2nd cycle is the major problem.

ok so the water comes in fine on the fill at the beginning of the load but just trickles in on the rinse correct? tell me , what kind of hoses do you have on this? are they the flood safe stainless ones?

Well, the cold water comes in slower during the fill, the warm water comes in fine and the hot/cold option barely trickles. This issue I can live with.

After it drains the water and would typically fill again for the 2nd rinse cycle, it does nothing. It does not fill with water at all during the cold water usage. I'm not sure what it does with warm water - I haven't checked this.

Yes, I do have the flood safe stainless steel hoses.

Thanks for all your time with this..I do appreciate it and hope we figure it out.

ok your problem is the flood safe hoses, when there not hooked up to the machine they flow good but these hoses fail a lot and don't allow the water to flow, if you have a couple of the regular black hoses just to test it try it and let me know,

Ok, I think I have two laying around and will give them a shot tonight or tomorrow. I am not sure I'll have a chance today after work, but will do my best.

I hope you are right! Do you thik I Would be able to return the inlet valve?

if you got it @ repair clinic yes. they are good on returns. I 90% sure this is you issue, if so just get the stainless hoses without the flood stop. those flood stop hoses cost me a bunch when they first came out , I had 4-5 washers that did this and at first I didn't even know about the hoses until i replaced parts and it still didn't work, that was frustrating, let me know, thanks Bryan

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX been very patient and helpful. I appreciate it.

I'm going to try to swap the hoses tonight to see what happens and will follow up with you tomorrow morning.

no [problem, I'll be on in the morning from 6-9am then I'll be back later. I most likely will be on and off tonight until around 8pm EST, thanks Bryan

Hi Bryan,

Hope you had a nice weekend.

So here's what I did. I found a used washing machine for $50. I installed that with my stainless steel hoses and it works no problem for the entire cycle. I ran it a few times to make sure.

So, I called appliance pros to let them know that the part did not solve my issue and asked for a refund. They agreed to have me pay to ship it back to them and they will reimburse me for the part cost and original shipping cost.

You put a lot of time into consulting with me and I appreciate that.

This was my first time using this service. I'll leave it up to you. Based on the situation, do you feel that I should release the funds?

Dave

well it could be that there is less resistance in the new machine so they work for now, if what your saying is you used the stop flood hoses on the new machine, is that what your saying?

Yes, I kept the stainless steel hoses for the new machine. They had been on the old machine for 2 years and worked fine. The problem with the cold water and rinse cycle started about a month or two ago.

It seems to me that it is electric in nature. Could it be an issue with the connections to the valve? Regardless, I am returning the valve and will not plan to fix this washer since I found the new one.

ok, its up to you if you accept, if not just answer will charge you the $14 dollars anyway because you put a deposit down, I just wont get paid if you don't accept I tried to help so thats up to you, either way well wishes and thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

You did try. You spent time and replied quickly.

Thanks for your patience.

thanks , and well wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician