Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Whirlpool side by side refrigerator freezer with water and

Customer Question
ice dispenser Model # XXXXX The water...
Whirlpool side by side refrigerator freezer with water and ice dispenser

Model # XXXXX

The water tube in the door needs replacing as it has a leak, how do I remove the front dispenser panels, we could possibly thread it down.

Can you instruct haw to replace it.

Thanks Richard
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
5/1/2010
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech replied 7 years ago
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
to do this you need to remove the grill below the doors and pull the water tubing from under the freezer side and unhook it at the coupling and then start with a small screwdriver and snap loose one lower corner of the dispenser trim on the freezer door and work up and the complete trim will snap loose and so take it off and you can see the screw holding the tube in place, take it loose and pull the tube up from the inside the door and go back the same way ,, Glad i could help you with your problem today so please hit the accept button for me before you leave so i may be paid ,, Thanks
graphic
do I push the new tube up from the hinge?

is there a clear path to push the new tube through or do i need to join the old and new tube together somehow to thread it through?

Thanks Richard

you will pull it up from inside the dispenser and it will pull up from the hinge ,, Tornadoes here in my area and loosing internet ,, if any questions please answer now or hit the accept button for me please
so I need to tape, or join some how the old and new tube together so I can pull it up, is that correct ?

I only have about an 1/4 of an inch exposed as it broke from being brittle over time
no ,, take it loose from the coupler and then pull it up from the dispenser and you will slide the new one down the hole in the dispenser down to the hinge and hook it togeher to the hose with the coupling
which is the best way to get the black nozzle off the old tube so I can fit it to the new one?

Thanks Richard
the black nozzle is on the new tube when you buy the fill tube
M'mm cant buy the tube here I'm in Australia and I think parts are now scarce for the older model whirlpools, guess ill have tro try and drill it out ad glue to new tube

Thanks
sorry but you might check with sears and see if they can ship ,,, run a 1/4 plastic tubing and don't worry about the nozzle and let it run straight into the glass
Appliance Tech Larry
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX try to drill it out gently and glue back on, or try to hunt one up on the Internet

Thanks
you are most welcome
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry