Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a GE top loading washer. After the wash cycle it drains

Customer Question
I have a GE top...
I have a GE top loading washer. After the wash cycle it drains the water but seems to get stuck, not switching to spin. I hear a noise that is probably the water pump continuing to run although the drum is dry. I can manually switch past the problem to get it to spin but it doesn't do so on its own.

Looking inside, I notice there is a flashing green LED on the circuit board above the motor. Unrelated?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
5/1/2010
Appliance Technician: Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 years ago
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
May I have you units model number to better assist you?
I don't know it. The machine is about 4 years old. The flashing of the LED is continuous, not a code

Top-loading washer only

• Under the lid
  • On the back of the control panel
  • On the lower-front or side of the main cabinet body

Unfortunately I am trying to do this by telephone; I am not in the same location as the machine. Perhaps I can try again when I am physicially in the same place.

Sorry to trouble you.

Yea GE has way to many models to not know exactly with one you have .
John, Home Appliance Technician