Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Kenmore 400 washing machine stopped draining. It now drains

Customer Question

My Kenmore 400 washing machine stopped draining. It now drains again, but it takes about 5 spin cycles to get rid of the water and soap suds.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
do you have a full model number so that I can better assist you?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
model number is: 29422800

Thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
what are the first 3 digits before that?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I think it is 110
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
ok and is it actually leaving the tub half full of water or are the clothes just wet and not spinning as dry as it should?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is leaving the tub full of water and the spin cycle doesn't seem to be working at normal speed.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
ok so that means something is just clogging the drain hose or pump because the pump just clipps onto the front of the motor so that when the motor turns for spin, it will drain the water out at the same time. Here is a link to a video that will show you how to take your washer apart and access the drain pump at the bottom front of your washer so you can take it off and look for a clog.

CLICK HERE