Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

GE Potscrubber 680 dishwasher. Will not drain. It happened

Customer Question
GE Potscrubber 680 dishwasher...
GE Potscrubber 680 dishwasher. Will not drain. It happened once before and the man charged $85.00 to pull apart that air vent or whatever i is up beside the faucets in the sink., So I tried that but it doesn't work and I am not going to bail out the water one more time (because I keep trying, hoping it will work) Any ideas?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
4/27/2010
Appliance Technician: John, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 years ago
John, Home Appliance Technician

Thanks for the question.

the pump could be the problem, send me the model number please.

Model GSD6807-60WW
Symptoms of problem: It fills with water OK but it will not drain the water out. I know that air thing which is beside the faucet is often the problem according to my Household Book but I have pulled the cover off and nothing seems to help. I am tired of bailing out the water because I keep letting i fill hoping that the problem has adjusted itself.
that model has a drain solenoid attached to the front of the motor, remove the bottom panel and check the solenoid plunger to make sure its free moving up and down, that solenoid could be whats causing the not draining.
Gee I am a technical nerd You want me to try manually to move the solenoid up and down.?
I do not see where I should get access to the motor

the plunger is number 426 and the solenoid is number 493 see if the plunder is free inside the solenoid if it is start up the d/w and push the plunger down , the water should drain out.

No 1: How do I get access to this mechanism?
No 2: There is no water in the d/w now. So do I start it on a full cycle and have to wait for the full cycle which takes quite a while, to see if it drains?
The front bottom panel has four screws to remove, then just let a bit of water come in then move the timer till the motor starts up then push in the plunger it should drain out that water.
OK I'll try to do that . It may take a while. You are SOO patient with this 89 yr old lady!!!!!
take your time with it theres no rush.
I think GE does not want people like me fooling with their motor because on the outside with the door closed I can see 3 screws on that narrow lower panel but I cannot get the screwdriver to them because you would need as screwdriver with a 90 degree bend to get to the screws. When I open the door, hoping to get straight access to the screws, I cannot even see them - they are completely covered by the door.
Do you think we should abandon this ? I feel guilty being so dumb about this and taking so much of your time.
the door has to be closed to get the screws out, ask a friend to help you with this problem, if your having a hard time with it.
I am sorry but I have no friend I could ask to help. I am accepting your answer and am willing to authorize the $12.00 payment
I thank you for that If I was close by I would go and help you .
John, Home Appliance Technician
John, Home Appliance Technician