Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My dryer turned off and now there is no power to the washer

My dryer turned off and now there is no power to the washer and dryer. The dryer is a front loader, and the washer is a top loader. They connect to the wall by one cord. There is electricity at the outlet. Model #LSG7804aae.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
do you have a volt meter? are you getting the full 220 volts?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The washer/dryer is a 120 volt unit. And it is 120.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok this is a gas dryer on this, take the front panel off the washer and on the left side there is a fuse holder that looks like this, Part 435797check the fuse, this may be blown, heres a diagram of its location, there will be two screws holding the front panel on, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I checked the fuse and it is good. I checked the fuse with an ohm meter.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok thats strange both are completely dead?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you need to check all the plugs in this, there is one that connects the timers in this that you need to check ,# XXXXX and 35 on this diagram, its behind the control panel.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yes. My wife said the dryer turned maybe three times and then shut off.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok well the dryer has a thermal fuse in it that may have blown but that wouldn't stop the washer from running, the washer isn't running either is it?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No. Neither works. Is there somewhere inside the unit where it would be easy check that the cord is good?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

well the connectors i showed you on the diagram they run all the controls and its possible one has worked its way loose, you will need to open the control panel. and also take the slanted cover between the washer and dryer off and check behind that part # XXXXX on this diagram, also heres a link to all the diagrams and wiring for your machine. thanks Bryan

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getModel!retrieve.pd?modelNumber=LSG7804AAE&pathTaken=partSearch