Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Kenmore 665-1674992 dishwasher. After the last

I have a Kenmore(NNN) NNN-NNNNdishwasher.

After the last load of dishes I found a green, circular gasket (I think) or belt in with the dishes. It's about 6" in diameter with a 3/16" x 1/4" rectangular cross-section.

Looking at the pump assembly I can't figure out were it came from. To find it completely loose in the dishwasher I would think it as to be fairly easy to replace.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

it has to be one of these, Part 2909here are the diagrams of the pump assembly this shows all the gaskets in the pump , its probably one of the ones in #30 on the diagram, hope this helps, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I found that schematic too. It looks like #13.

I just don't see where it seats, or how it could have gotten loose and into the dishwasher intact. I guess it must go outside the ring of fasteners on 14.

So if I loosen up the fasteners on 14 will I be able to work it back up into position? What and what happpens if the dishwasher runs without it?

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
the best way is to remove 14 all togther and re seat it and tighten it back up. it may not have been seated correctly and with the heat from the water worked its way loose, hope this helps, thanks Bryan