Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Re Amana ACF3325A gas range. The elctronic controls for the

Customer Question
Re: Amana ACF3325A gas range...
Re: Amana ACF3325A gas range. The elctronic controls for the oven have taken a vacation. The oven temp. cannot be set with the knob (it remains the clock) nor will the oven turn on. The broiler will turn on, but will shut off after 5 minutes. Self-cleaning will turn on and the stove burners work perfectly. The timer only times for five minutes and the "Recall" button seems to do nothing. It is not a problem of a lock-out. The lock-out light is not on and I performed the lock-out ritual with the "start" button to no avail. Is there a "default" setting that the controls can be re-set to and, if so, how? It is not by leaving the range unplugged, because that has been tried.
Thanks for your help
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
4/7/2010
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
unfortunately theres no default setting on this your clock has failed and needs to be replaced,
Appliance Part Mouse OverAppliance Part Mouse Over
Mouse over to see other views. Everything you see is included in this part.
Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
you can order the clock @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-ACF3325A-%3d%3dd629271ei1009851&PartID=1009851 its around $136.00. thanks Bryan
So, the clock controls the whole shebang? Even if the clock is currently keeping time perfectly while no other control is working? Oven temperature, timer, cook/clean, etc.? How hard is this part to get in and out? I presume you access it from the back of the range.
yes the clock controls the oven and broil and you do get to this through the back of the oven. remove the panel behind the clock and thats how you get to it, I cant find the diagrams on this so thats all I can do, is there more to the model #?

That's all the model number there is. But, I will access the back and take peek at the part before I order to see if this is something I think I can do. It is times like these you wish you just had one of those old cast-iron stoves that were simple and indestructible.

Thanks for all of your help.

thats for sure! the reason I asked if there is more to the model # XXXXX XXXXX number doesn't come up but there is model #s like yours but they have more #s I just want to make sure thats the right clock for your model, try these places and see if theres more #s, thanks Bryan

t, look for an aluminum tag--or a silver or white adhesive label. The model number may be printed or stamped onto the tag and it may be written in two different type sizes or styles.

You might find the tag in one of these places:

Cooktop/Range/Stove

Gas:

• Inside the cooktop--if the top lifts up
  • On the outside, bottom of the unit
  • Inside the top of the vent duct--if it's a "downdraft" unit

Electric:

• Under one of the surface burners, or inside the cooktop--if the top lifts up
  • On the outside, bottom of the unit

Gas or Electric Oven

• On oven side of the door jamb (with the door open)
  • On the lower drawer jamb (with the bottom drawer open)
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician