Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We have a Bosch WFMB3200. It is not spinning the water out

Customer Question
We have a Bosch WFMB3200...
We have a Bosch WFMB3200. It is not spinning the water out of the loads. I have tried loading per instrucitons--large and small items, and the size load recommended and this has not helped. With loads of towels the suds don't wash out and the towels are sopped at the end of the cycle. Sometimes the machine shows a fault, othertimes not. I can only wash 2 towels at a time to have any hope of the spin cycle working. Even on loads of synthetics which are not heavy, the clothes are sopped at the end of the cycle. If I run the spin cycle seperately, then the clothes spin properly. Advice?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
4/7/2010
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
have you tried cleaning the coin catch on the drain pump out? there is a round cover you need to remove and then unscrew the drain catch and clean out any obstructions in the catch.this should take care of your problem , let me know, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
I cannot get the round disk off. Can you tell me how to remove the disk? I called Bosch and they will not give me the information because they want me to call a service person. Grrrrrr. Thank you.
they are a pain, Bosch that is. I believe that one just pops off, get a screw driver and pry it I think on yours, unfortunately I cant get the diagrams for yours, it should pop off or you can try turning it and see if it comes off, thanks Bryan
One last question. We got the disk off, opened the valve and let the water run out. There was nothing but water there, and we found no filter--just a screw-on cap that had some plastic parts attached. Is there supposed to be a filter? There was nothing obstructive in the catch.
thank you!
the plastic catch is the filter, have you tried this since ? is it still not spinning?
Still not spinning.

do you know what the fault code was?

I am not getting a fault code most of the time. Occasionally with heavy towels it will fault, and I will watch for the number. The dryer spins, but just not fast enough to get the water out. If I run the specific spin cycle independently after the end of the regular cycle, it spins better, but still not what I would expect from 1000 rpm. Thank you for answering all of these questions.

your welcome. I will need to do some research on this if you could somehow get me the fault code that would help.

I cannot get it to fault--it only faults intermittently. The spins cycle completes, but the load is still very very wet. If I run the independent spin cycle, it spins more water out of the clothes. Unless you have some other great idea, maybe I have to break down and call a service person. I appreciate you sticking with me on this. As soon as I hear back I will accept your answer so you can get paid. Many thanks.
the hardest thing with these is trying to diagnose it without the code, Bosch doesn't give out to much info unfortunately. you will probably have to call for service on this, sorry, you already accepted so no need to press accept again, I wish I could have been more help. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician