Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Maytag Gemini MER6872. Cannot reset time on the clock display

Maytag Gemini MER6872. Cannot reset time on the clock display (which I have done many times in past). When I press clock icon (on control panel) the clock display comes on but there is vertical bar on the left side of the display (don't remember seeing that before). I set the time as usual, and press the clock button again to set it, and the clock display simply disappears.

Is it possible to talk with someone by phone. My stove is in the kitchen and my computer is in an upstairs office. It would be helpful if someone could walk me through the procedure while I'm trying to do it so I can give them feedback and vica versa??
is this your clock assembly? Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

It's similar but not exact.

ok let me check some things and I'll be back, do the buttons look the same ? in the same spots or not?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

similar but not the same - I could describe it to you exactly if I could look at the stove while I'm dong this. As I mentioned before, I'm in my office upstairs and the stove is in the kitchen downstairs.

is that all there is to the model #? there should be more after the 72
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Sorry - there is more. It's BAW

ok is this your clock?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't see a display for 'is this your clock'
sorry. Part 895574
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, that's it!!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So, once I order the part I need to find a repair person to do the intall? Got any suggestions/recommendations?
you could do this yourself it plugs in, all you need to do is remove the back panel # XXXXX on this diagram, and switch the wires one by one, not that difficult really and you will save the service charge,if you cant do it you need to call a local company and get some prices, stay away from A&E they are very expensive. thanks Bryan