Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a maytag neptune front load 5 yrs. old, It will not

Customer Question

I have a maytag neptune front load 5 yrs. old, It will not do a fast spin to get water out of the cloths, it will spin slower
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
is the door lock light on?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes it is on
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok you need to check the drain in this, take the hose out of the drain and put it in a bucket and try the spin cycle to see how the water is draining, let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
nothing is coming out of drain hose, now that i pulled the washer out i here a clicking sound when it is spinning, dont know if thats normal
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you need to pull the hoses off the pump and clean the pump out, if you clean it out and it still doesn't drain you will need to replace it, Part 775841you can order it @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-mah5500aww-%3d%3dei775841&PartID=775841 thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I pulled the pump and it works fine but the water will not come out of tub to go to the pump, what now?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
oh man this means its clogged between the tub and the pump. you will have to remove the rubber catch under the tub and clean that out, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=there must be something in that.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I pulled that off there is nothing in it and nothing came out of tub but i can here water in tub.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
this may be bigger that you want to take on. you may have something between the inner and outer tub but the whole machine has to come apart to get at that, I couldn't even begin to explain how to do that, it may be time for a service tech, sorry, thanks, Bryan