Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Hi, I have a Whirlpool Dryer. Mode GGX9868JQ3; MP1801207. A

Hi, I have a Whirlpool...
Hi, I have a Whirlpool Dryer. Mode GGX9868JQ3; MP1801207.

A few days ago, our clothes stopped drying, and it is apparent there is no heat being generated. The gas line is open, and I have tried unplugging and replugging. I have also tried changing the settings (air dry only, no heat up to full heat). Any other suggestions? Your help is greatly appreciated!!
4/1/2010
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
unplug dryer, remove the filter, remove the two screws under the filter. pop top panel up from the front, remove the screw from each inside corner and remove the front panel ,, replace the thermal-fuse thats on the blower housing just inside ,, part number(NNN) NNN-NNNNand cost about $18 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you / thanks
graphic
The filter is on the top right of my dryer (to make sure we are talking about the same model). I removed the filter and two screws, but there is no way to pop the top panel or remove the front panel.
at the front of the dryer slide a screwdriver between the top and front panel and pop the top panel up

Okay, anotther step passed, thank you! I found a part no(NNN) NNN-NNNN(although it does not look like the picture you attached.) Is this a similar product, and should I replace with the part no you suggested?

Also, the part is secured very well, how do you suggest I remove?

Thanks in advance! I realize I should offer more than 14 at this point!

that part number you sent is a door switch ,, the part number i gave you is the correct part and its number 7 in this picture
graphic
Larry, I apologize but I cannot find the part. I am following the gas line and assume it is near the end of this. Can you give me some dummy directions (as I am just that when it comes to these things) as to where I should go if I am staring at the front of the dryer?
its mounted on the plastic blower housing and not with the gas line ,, on this one the easiest way to get to it is to remove the back panel from the dryer and look to the left by the motor housing
i will be in and out for a bit ,, trying to get my mower running

Hope you got the mower started. I found a store that carries the part. Will I be able to reach the part from the front because I do not know if I can get behind the dryer.

If I access through the front, is the part in bottom, back right of the dryer?

you should be able to but easier from the back and i have to go buy parts too haha

Larry,

I cannot find this darn thing in the dryer. It is pretty much completely taken apart, including the drying drum. Can you explain it to me like I am an 8 year old?

do you see the motor and the housing at the end of it?
Not completely sure. Is it in the back right? (Staring at the front) It will spin to move the dryer, correct?
correct ,, the motor turns the tub ,, on the other end of the motor it sticks into a housing and on the housing there is a small white plastic piece with two small wires on it and its held to the housing by 1 or 2 small screws / look at number 11 in the picture i sent you
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry