How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bob L Your Appl Pal Your Own Question
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 7548
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bob L Your Appl Pal is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Ge Profile side by side fridge. We often find the

This answer was rated:

I have a Ge Profile side by side fridge. We often find the icecube tray with a frozen stream of ice coming off of the bottom onto the shelf just below. The ice cubes in the dispensor are either melted and then frozen or water leaked into the ice cube container and then froze. The ice cube maker was recently replaced by direction of GE rep at customer service and it did not fix the problem. Any ideas what it could be?
Hi Welcome to The Just Answer Appliance Category..My name is XXXXX XXXXX to working with you Today on your appliance repair problem..Your problem is most likely the water inlet valve...What happens is it is slowly trickling water out into the ice tray..The valve is not shutting off completely after it fills the ice tray...Very common problem...Replace the inlet valve...
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Where is the inlet valve located and is it an easy replacement? I replaced the ice maker my self and am a mechanic of sorts, rebuilt cars, motors, and fixed my own appliances in the past. Richard
Then you should have no problem replacing the inlet valve...If you go to the back of the fridge...Follow the plastic waterline from the ice maker down to the bottom of fridge...It will connect directly to the water valve...Its just a matter of disconnecting the waterlines ...Then disconnecting the plastic power terminals....
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Ok, unit looks to be light blue in color with water line going down from filter at top of fridge. one clear line going to water dispensor and a black plastic line going to ice cube maker at top of fridge on back side. Looks to be one hex screw holding it in place with the need to remove the 3 plastic lines I mentioned above. I gather it is an easy part to get from an appliance service center or can I get it ordered online and from whom.



If you can find a model number i can look it up for you and give you the exact part number...
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Model#PSH23P55D SV Serial#2H401870

Your model number is XXXXX you click on the link below it will take you to the part and also a website where you can order online...Thanks Bob


Inlet Valve

Customer: replied 7 years ago. were a big help. I hope you have a good day of work tomorrow.



You are welcome..Once you use the accept option please take the time to leave some feedback...Goodluck on your repair...Thanks Bob
Bob L Your Appl Pal and 2 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you