Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

My Kenmore top loading washing machine is between 19-22 years

My Kenmore top loading washing machine is between 19-22 years old. It works on all cycles up to the point where the water should be expelled from the wash cycle. In other words, the mattress cover that I'm washing is sitting in soapy water. Have tried other cycles--same thing. Is it worth having a repairman come out, and if not, what do I buy, and would it be best to also replace the dryer (so that they'll match...?) OK, I goofed--just looked at it--it's a Whirlpool--does that make a difference?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 7 years ago.
may i have the model number from under the lid please
you are having a problem with the washer and i need the model number to tell you how to fix the problem / thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
A5580XSN2
this isn't the model number ,, raise the lid and look towards the back under it and on a stick or tag there will be the model and serial number ,,, the model will start with 110.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

This is a Whirlpool and I see 2 similar model numbers as follows:

LA5580XSN2 and

LA55805

Serial number: C82213109

LA5580XSN2 is a good model number ,,, remove the screw from each corner of the front of the control panel and raise the control panel, unplug the lit switch and pop loose the two hold down clamps and slide the cabinet off the frame and swap out the lid switch ,, part number 279347 and it cost about $30 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you ,,, thanks and please hit the accept button for me as you leave and have a great day ,,, Larry

graphic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Larry, please confirm that you received payment. Also, will I be able to get back into this screen when I close to review your answer. Thanks.
i just looked and yes its here and thank you