Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

frigidaire gallery professional microwave 1998 model #cfmt148gpb1 light

Customer Question
frigidaire gallery professional microwave 1998...
frigidaire gallery professional microwave 1998 model #cfmt148gpb1
light is on, table turn, but no heat ?????
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
4/1/2010
Appliance Technician: RUSS, SERVICE TECHNICIAN replied 7 years ago
RUSS
RUSS, SERVICE TECHNICIAN

This model number does not come up in the database,if it is Canadian or European we can not get the parts numbers for you.

There are thermal fuses in most microwaves that can cause this problem, they are dime size and maybe 1/.4 to 3/8 in thick and have two wires on them. The are tested for continuity with a volt ohm meter.

how to I access them?
the entire cabinet (enclosure) has to be removed and they are inside. remember to unplug the microwave
Relist: Incomplete answer.
the answer is so general that it is useless
that much I already know
he did not tell me how to solve my problem
You either gave a bad model number, it is European, it is Canadian, of so old it does not show up in any parts data base. I explained what you need to look for inside the unit and how to access the inner workings of the microwave. If there is an error in model number correct it and we will try to help further. There is no way to access any information unless we are given the proper information to start with ie. model number.
I have given you the correct model number as it is on the sticker on the bottom of the unit. I checked it 5 times and my wife rechecked it.
that being the case, I can not be of any further assistance to you in this matter. You did not address whether it is a Canadian or European model. The parts I described are inside the unit and can be checked as described in some detail.
it is a canadian model

had that been stated at the onset I would never have entered into this conversation. If you test the components as I described and find a bad one you may purchase one at a local repair shop,otherwise take it to a Canadian repair shop since I have no access to their data base.

well this was a complete waste of time and money
either you are an expert in this field or not

THIS TONE GETS YOU NO SYMPATHY ON MY PART. I WILL NO FURTHER DIGNIFY THIS BY ANY FURTHER CORRESPONDENCE. YOU HAVE BEEN INSTRUCTED AS TO THE PROPER REPAIR PRICEDURE AND APPARENTLY DO NOT CARE TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS. HAVE A BLESSED DAY

I beg to differ, sir
I have provided you with the problem, make and model number and year of production
you had that information prior to accepting this problem
yet you have not checked if you have access to the technical data
so now you have a problem with my lack of enthusiasm from your answer?
I think not
Appliance Technician: The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 years ago
The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician

Ok Folks.

What say we all calm down and see if we can figure this thing out.

When the unit is operating in defrost mode can you hear the magnatron engage? It sounds like an on, and off drain of power by the unit.

Please advise.

Edited by The Home Smithy on 4/1/2010 at 7:13 PM EST
I will check this out in 3 hrs when I get home
thank you for not ignoring my request
Thats what I'm here for. Thank you for replying.