John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have an older Amana Over-the-Range Microwave Model MVH230.

Customer Question

I have an older Amana Over-the-Range Microwave Model MVH230. It still works fine but the handle has borken off and can not be fixed. I can't seem to find a replacement. I need dimensions and venting info so I can replace the unit; unless you have any idea when I might purchase a door handle.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for the question.

If you find the handle then you can fix the unit is that correct, and where did you check for the handle.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have checked online, and at the dealer. I went directly to the Amana site and it told me the part was not longer in stock and would not be restocked. Also tried a few random online sites with no luck. And yes you are correct, that would be the fix. However if it turns out not to be, then I need the additional information.
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-mvh230-%3d%3dc226i232882&PartID=232882

This site says they have it in stock.call them and order the handle lets hope they have one, they say they do.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Obviously I got frustrated too quickly! Thank you for doing this for me.Smile

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

And maybe I did it again because this is the site I visited and it says the following:

Please click:

http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-mvh230-%3d%3dc226i232882d514038i232882&PartID=232882

Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
I see that sorry, I cant get dimensions for you , theres no breakdown in the system.